Sponsored

Ford GT Specs released

MAVERICKFORD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0
Boy this car is awesome. I am excited for it.

1485302635014.jpg

http://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/media-room/2017/01/ford-gt-delivers-highest-top-speed.html

SAE-rated at 647 horsepower and with 550 lb.-ft. of torque, Ford’s new high-output 3.5-liter V6 powerplant produces the most horsepower of any EcoBoost production engine ever, making Ford GT the fastest production car ever to wear the Blue Oval badge. The engine’s wide powerband produces 90 percent of its peak torque from 3,500 rpm.
Sponsored

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
Boy this car is awesome. I am excited for it.

1485302635014.jpg

http://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/media-room/2017/01/ford-gt-delivers-highest-top-speed.html

SAE-rated at 647 horsepower and with 550 lb.-ft. of torque, Ford’s new high-output 3.5-liter V6 powerplant produces the most horsepower of any EcoBoost production engine ever, making Ford GT the fastest production car ever to wear the Blue Oval badge. The engine’s wide powerband produces 90 percent of its peak torque from 3,500 rpm.
I hate to say it but I feel this is a letdown. I was expecting nutty, class leading specs. It's quick but not as fast as it should be for its price point. Ford really held back. That's just my opinion.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Wow, 3,000 lbs and 650 HP with loads of torque. I bet it would be insane to drive around in. I'm really looking forward to seeing more performance information.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Where's all the V6 ecoboost haters now? I'll say it again, if history repeats itself like the last GT-GT500 engine share, I'll buy a GT500 V6 ecoboost today. Ford please bring this!

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I hate to say it but I feel this is a letdown. I was expecting nutty, class leading specs. It's quick but not as fast as it should be for its price point. Ford really held back. That's just my opinion.
Why would you expect that? This isn't a hypercar or even close to the price of one. The section that this car falls into is handling itself just right.

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
How does this thing have worse MPG than a V-10 Viper?

Chris796

Ford CFO
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
Why would you expect that? This isn't a hypercar or even close to the price of one. The section that this car falls into is handling itself just right.
They were $400k BEOFRE markup, a guy here in Scottsdale was lucky enough to get one, for $600,000........

Shouldve at least broken 700hp IMO

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
They were $400k BEOFRE markup, a guy here in Scottsdale was lucky enough to get one, for $600,000........

Shouldve at least broken 700hp IMO
What? First I've heard of markup on these. The way this process supposedly worked was Ford invited your to purchase, then you chose from a list of dealers who worked with Ford on the price... essentially removing the ability of the dealer to add a markup.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I thought these were purchased directly through Ford, with the dealership only facilitating delivery. If that is the case, then your friend got screwed.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I thought these were purchased directly through Ford, with the dealership only facilitating delivery. If that is the case, then your friend got screwed.
Can't directly purchase a car through Ford, have to go through a dealer.

Ford has select "VIP" dealerships which essentially sell the special cars to special people like Jay Leno's stuff. So you're invited to purchase a car from certain dealers by Ford, and Ford knows those dealers don't add markup. That's why they're on the list.

Sponsored

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
The car is pure sexy, no doubt. But those numbers are not ground breaking....I also expected more. The GT500 is going to need more than those numbers for sure.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Markup has nothing to do with Ford so it's still a sub 500k car. All everyone want's to focus on is HP numbers. This car is competing with companies who solely develop exotics and hyper cars and it's keeping up with them. This is also a car that won the LeMans... so yes, it's a pretty awesome car. I don't think was looking for ground breaking. They were looking to create a car that competed in a certain segment of cars that looked good while doing it which basically would fill out all their order spots and I'm pretty sure they won't have an issue doing so.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Where's all the V6 ecoboost haters now? I'll say it again, if history repeats itself like the last GT-GT500 engine share, I'll buy a GT500 V6 ecoboost today. Ford please bring this!
I don't really care what engine the Ford GT has because I will never have enough money or the opportunity to buy one. I understand for a car to run in LeMans there might be some different choices you make WRT aero, weight, engine CI, etc. I can also still appreciate the engineering and the performance (if we ever get that information) without regards to other aspects of the car that might rule it out for me.

I still hate the V6 EB for a performance vehicle that I might buy and there's absolutely no chance I would buy a GT500 if Ford puts a EB V6 in it. Well, maybe if it outperformed everything on the road and cost $20k I might ignore the crappy engine, but at a comparable price I would buy a V8 every time. And I don't care if the V8 is slower. 99% of the time I drive my cars on public roads and I can't use the performance. However, I still get the experience of listening to the engine. It's just not worth it to me to spend most of my time in a car with nothing to separate it from any other V6 shit box on the road. Might as well leave it in the garage.

How does this thing have worse MPG than a V-10 Viper?
Pretty crazy that the fuel economy is so low. Evidently it isn't set up to try to get good fuel economy. I'm glad to see that Ford can do that (ignore fuel economy).

The car is pure sexy, no doubt. But those numbers are not ground breaking....I also expected more. The GT500 is going to need more than those numbers for sure.
If the GT500 was ~3000 lbs and had this chassis/tires/aero it wouldn't need more power than this. And BTW it really isn't all about the numbers.

Markup has nothing to do with Ford so it's still a sub 500k car. All everyone want's to focus on is HP numbers. This car is competing with companies who solely develop exotics and hyper cars and it's keeping up with them. This is also a car that won the LeMans... so yes, it's a pretty awesome car. I don't think was looking for ground breaking. They were looking to create a car that competed in a certain segment of cars that looked good while doing it which basically would fill out all their order spots and I'm pretty sure they won't have an issue doing so.
It's hard for me to relate to the road course comparisons, but evidently it competes pretty well.

Reactions: CSL

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
It kicks ass mostly due to the active aero and suspension....
Sponsored