Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Ford currently invests 1 billion dollar into the plant in Cologne, to make it an engineering centrum for upcoming EVs. While the US press release does not feature details about Fords EV plans, the press release in other languages does. The german one translates includes the following statement:

"The Cologne-based automaker plans to offer all passenger car models with at least one battery-electric or plug-in hybrid variant as early as 2026; from 2030, Ford will only have purely electric vehicles in its passenger car range."

Since I don't see Ford pulling the Mustang back from international markets, I think it is pretty clear what to expect from upcoming models. Gen 7 Hybrid is pretty much clear over the last years, and I guess Gen 8 going EV might be plausible future for the car, no matter what the enthusiasts think about it.

Source
Sponsored

Last edited:

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
Since I don't see Ford pulling the Mustang back from international markets, I think it is pretty clear what to expect from upcoming models. Gen 7 Hybrid is pretty much clear over the last years, and I guess Gen 8 going EV might be plausible future for the car, no matter what the enthusiasts think about it.
Couldn't have said it better.

The question that we're waiting for is how they'll do it and keep the brand alive to hold on to buyers. I do love my V8 and the sound and feel is a huge part of the experience but if done right, I might be convinced into liking the electric Mustang.

One thing though... Never ever EVER put fake engine sound in the next generations to make up for the herritage

51NNED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I reckon it’s going to be a big push in Europe. I can’t see it happening in America too soon

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
in its passenger car range
the dodge is so obvious it's laughable. Ford stops selling passenger cars after 2030 if they can't deliver. Or they go hat in hand to Brussles and get special dispensation from the rulers of the EU.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Wir geh fahren, fahren, fahren auf der Autobahn mit keine auspuff

Sponsored

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
It’s pretty clear the Mustang is dead over there after 2030 unless it’s fully electric by then. My guess is between Biden’s plans and Europe going all electric, Ford will go all electric ASAP. They seem to of committed to that. Ford is global, they aren’t going to support gas in one country and electric in another. My opinion of course...

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
I still need to know where all this electricity is coming from.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB

19GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2015 4C, 2019 Ducati, 2008 FJ
Vehicle Showcase
EV’s are the future (unfortunately). If I had one today as my only option and needed to run an errand while our power was shut off via rolling blackouts, I would have had to fill up my generator with gasoline just to get a a charge. Thankfully that’s not the case and my automobiles still accept a fuel source as well as my stove, fireplace, and water heaters.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I agree this basically confirms that the EU spec S650 will be a Coyote Hybrid. That's good news for all the countries over here that have insane emission taxes. France has recently joined that club.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
One thing though... Never ever EVER put fake engine sound in the next generations to make up for the herritage
I totally agree. If they go electric, they have to come up with their own electric sounds that sounds as exiting as an engine - Even thought it will always be different to know it's just a virtual sound. Just play recorded V8 sounds will always be horrible.

The Audi TT I had did have "engine sound enhancement", was the first feature I searched how get it off.
It’s pretty clear the Mustang is dead over there after 2030 unless it’s fully electric by then. My guess is between Biden’s plans and Europe going all electric, Ford will go all electric ASAP. They seem to of committed to that. Ford is global, they aren’t going to support gas in one country and electric in another. My opinion of course...
That's my take too. I think Europe will go faster to EVs since already most cars are just compact cars and family "SUV"s. US with the pickups, fullsize vehicles and more demand on huge ranges surely need more time. But the Hummer EV is already a crazy statement what is possible, it just takes time to get that technology to an affordable price range. But it's easy to see that big markets like Europe and China will not allow new ICEs within the next 15 years. So if Fords wants to be a global company they have to adapt, no matter who is the potus.

And I honestly doubt they will return to make the Mustang a NA-only car. Especially when their competitors (Stellantis and GM) already said they are going fulll EV.
I agree this basically confirms that the EU spec S650 will be a Coyote Hybrid. That's good news for all the countries over here that have insane emission taxes. France has recently joined that club.
Yeah, a lot of european countries are going crazy now. And if the rumors about the Euro 7 norm are true it would bascially be to a ban of every ICE car in the EU.
The taxes on Hybrids are laughable here, since their electric range really tamper with the WLTP emission values. A Ford Explorer Hybrid cost less taxes here than the VW Polo with the smallest engine

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
Couldn't have said it better.

The question that we're waiting for is how they'll do it and keep the brand alive to hold on to buyers. I do love my V8 and the sound and feel is a huge part of the experience but if done right, I might be convinced into liking the electric Mustang.

Maybe I'm naive but how is it possible to make an electric engine sound like a internal combustion engine? 🤔 So I'm guessing it would have to be some sort of fake engine noise.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I still need to know where all this electricity is coming from.
I want to know where all the money is coming from to subsidize the switch over, or when actual reasonable priced EV's arrive. Until there's something profitable that a customer can buy for $20,000, this is going to be a huge headache.
Sponsored