Sponsored

Ford Dealership Refused to Fix a Problem They Caused

AlphaCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP, 2018 Honda Accord 1.5 Sport
Took my 2015 Mustang GT w/ PP to ford a couple of weeks ago because my compressor went out and they replaced it. After i got the car back i noticed it would make a squeak noise every time the tire would rotate (Noise was coming from front passenger tire.) I jacked up the car to check for an issue and noticed one of my lug nuts was completely stripped. After a couple of minutes i finally got it loose but the lug would not come off. I'm guessing they messed up the threading on the stud. So i took it into Ford to tell them to fix the issue they caused since they were the last ones to touch my car. They said they didn't even touch the wheels when i took it in. I asked them if they could still fix it and they refused to fix the issue, saying they didn't want to cause more damage to the wheel. Regardless if they caused it or not the car is still under warranty. Do you all know if there's anything i can do to get this issue addressed?
Sponsored

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
Took my 2015 Mustang GT w/ PP to ford a couple of weeks ago because my compressor went out and they replaced it. After i got the car back i noticed it would make a squeak noise every time the tire would rotate (Noise was coming from front passenger tire.) I jacked up the car to check for an issue and noticed one of my lug nuts was completely stripped. After a couple of minutes i finally got it loose but the lug would not come off. I'm guessing they messed up the threading on the stud. So i took it into Ford to tell them to fix the issue they caused since they were the last ones to touch my car. They said they didn't even touch the wheels when i took it in. I asked them if they could still fix it and they refused to fix the issue, saying they didn't want to cause more damage to the wheel. Regardless if they caused it or not the car is still under warranty. Do you all know if there's anything i can do to get this issue addressed?
This is a horrible situation of he said she said. Unfortunately unless you can prove it the dealership will win.

I've had this happen to me personally, as well as many buddies who dropped their car off for work only to have more issues pop up immediately after the initial repair. Often times you find a local guy who worked at Finding a mechanic you can trust is worth its weight in gold now a days with Ford service.

Try finding a local mechanic through a friend who can re-thread the lug if you want. otherwise it'll be a remove and replace.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I agree, and even worse if there would be no reason to remove the wheels to fix the compressor. The compressor is in the middle of the car/middle bottom of the engine in front.

Get the lug off somehow (they have tools for stripped bolts) and check. It may just be a $2 lugnut needed and not the threads.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Don't think you need to remove the wheel so frankly I am wondering why they would have...

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
A good tire shop will have a tool that can break off a locking lug, maybe it would work on a regular lug? Just a thought, then you can clean up the threads on the stud or replace it if needed.

OP
OP
AlphaCoyote

AlphaCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP, 2018 Honda Accord 1.5 Sport
Don't think you need to remove the wheel so frankly I am wondering why they would have...
I removed my front bumper a couple months ago to install my RTR Grille and didn't tighten one of the bolts in the wheel well tight enough, so there was a bigger gap than there was before. When i got the car back from ford after they fixed the air compressor, i noticed that the gap was closed. So i'm assuming they removed the two front wheels to remove the wheel well, so that they would be able to access the bolt to take off the front bumper. Although i guess they could've just removed the splash guard to access the air compressor..
Sponsored