Ford dealership gives Bible, flag, AR-15 voucher to buyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Damn y'all. Remember this one time we used to get together and talk about Mustangs.

Now for you young kids that don't remember the Mustang was the pony car to rule them all. Great looks, amazing sounds and fast! All that for only 30 grand.

What made the mustang especially fun was you could modify it and make it your own. This spurred whole communities devoted to the mustang. Hell it become more of a lifestyle than a car.

Anyway those days are over. Now all we do is sit in our self driving electric cars and bicker about gods and politicians.
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
This is a very short-sighted perspective IMO.

I'm no bible-thumper, but the positive effects on a population and individuals of a positive religion is great. It gives people hope, a frame-work for behavior and life, and a myriad of other positive benefits. If for no other reason than people sharing common beliefs, which brings them closer together.

Basic sociology will tell you that when people share more interests and behaviors, they get along better and co-exist better. The problems arises when different/competing religions clash, when different interests and behaviors clash.

Religion in and of itself isn't the problem. Different religions trying to live side-by-side causes problems.
To me, if you need that then you are weak minded and, if you think you need a religion to be a good person, then you are not a good person and must not have very strong morals independently. You're just playing the part and faking your way through life. Basic sociology will also tell you that Group Think is almost always a bad thing as it leads to you thinking anyone that is not in your opinion circle is just wrong and viewed as an outsider.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
To me, if you need that then you are weak minded and, if you think you need a religion to be a good person, then you are not a good person and must not have very strong morals independently. You're just playing the part and faking your way through life. Basic sociology will also tell you that Group Think is almost always a bad thing as it leads to you thinking anyone that is not in your opinion circle is just wrong and viewed as an outsider.
While I agree with what you're saying, I'd opine the positives out-weigh the negatives.

And let's be realistic about people; a person, singular, can be smart. In groups? Morons. Complete morons. As you've mentioned, Group Think is real, and it gives people the stupids.

So, if we have to work within that frame-work of basic human behavior, I'd think religion is a fine thing when taken in moderation.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
This has taken a turn. I am no church goer. Never have been. Going to church is not a bad thing. I mean most preach treating others how you would like to be treated and do your best to make this a better place to live.

Are those bad things?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
This has taken a turn. I am no church goer. Never have been. Going to church is not a bad thing. I mean most preach treating others how you would like to be treated and do your best to make this a better place to live.

Are those bad things?
No one said it is. The problem is that people past the age of 10 still feeling they need to be taught it that and constantly needing to have it be re-enforced.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX

Are those bad things?
In and of itself, no.

The problem comes when at an organizational level differences exist that the individuals that make up those organizations refuse to find common ground with/over. When in the overall scheme of things, truly minor differences harden into "us" vs "them". When religion as a ritual overtakes/replaces religion as a practice.

Norm

NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Mustang Stage 3
Vehicle Showcase
Well at least you can pray or shoot yourself if you get the bbq tick...

Status
Not open for further replies.