Ford Co-Pilot360 to be standard on entire lineup

Discussion in 'Mustang S550 General Forums' started by Bullitt, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Bullitt

Bullitt Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang Bullitt
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    Ford just announced today that their new Ford Co-Pilot360 safety suite will be standard on all cars, starting with the 2019 Ford Edge this fall. This means the 2019 Mustangs won't get it since they're launching this summer, but I would assume it'll be standard on all 2020 and newer Mustangs. It includes backup camera, BLIS, Lane Keep Assist and Auto Emergency Braking. Those that don't like the nannies or certain price hike to come should grab a 2019. Glad the 2019 Bullitt will be spared even though the 2020s probably won't be.

Full press release here:
    https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2018/03/15/ford-co-pilot360.html 1521136578980.jpg

Hack, Stam616, UAmach1 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Kevin08

Kevin08 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle(s):
    18GT
    0   0   0
    Lawyers win again. Since the package is $1,500 I'm guessing it'll be just under a $1k MSRP increase since it'll be standard.

3. Zelek

Zelek Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    This is the same direction Toyota already went. They're just following and so will the others.

Coyote Red likes this.
  4. 5pointOh

5pointOh Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang GT PP @falcon_S550
    0   0   0
    Honda and Acura did it already like a year or two ago.

Zelek likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Bullitt

First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang Bullitt
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    I know they need it to be competitive, but I was hoping they'd exclude the Mustang. Nissan is another that has already rolled out the same thing for most models but the 370Z isn't included. I'm sure that's also partially because the 370Z is ancient, but it still would have been nice of Ford to have the option to not have all the safety tech in a sports car.

carguy1701 likes this.
  6. Zelek

Zelek Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    At this point, I think this is more government driven. More safety = More $ saved and benefits. Unfortunately, this will all be mandatory soon regardless of car. Anything to reduce the # of deaths from distracted driving. Some of the systems are oversensitive and you have to adjust to the way they auto brake. I've seen some emergency brake systems slam on the brakes if you get too close to someone's bumper that is turning at a light but you're going straight even if you yourself know that you aren't going to hit them. You have to change your own driving style around the safety features somewhat. Some systems are better than others but like anything with time, they will get better.

The option is always there to turn it off at least, but then the argument will be, "I already paid for this!" :)

7. GTBOB

GTBOB Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle(s):
    '18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
    Garage Profiles:
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    Pedestrian Detection????? The Mustang will need factory installed sweat glands under the side mirrors:lol::lol:

8. UAmach1

UAmach1 Bullitt Hopefull

Vehicle(s):
    Ford/INFINITI
    0   0   0
    More and more I feel like the older the car is teh better it tends to be. To work on, and enjoy driving.

Less electronics, easier to replace parts, lighter.

My old Mach1 sure isn't powerful by today's standards at just 305hp, but if they released the exact car with a Gen 3 5.0 in it I'd buy that car over anything else on the market. It was just a simple formula:. Engine, manual, rear end with a non-complicated body or long accessory list. The only modern feature that I would miss is bluetooth.

The more we move from that formula the more I find myself losing interest in new cars. As a person that enjoys driving, that kills me. I'd like to be in the 70-80's and still be rowing gears behind a dino burning v8 40-50years from now.

raiderjatt02, White_GT_CS and Bullitt like this.
  9. Spork3245

Spork3245 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magenride
    0   0   0
  10. Blue Moon

Blue Moon Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
    0   0   0
    Which focus group decided Co-pilot was a good name for safety features? When I was a flight engineer, some of my scariest moments were when the copilot was flying the plane.

carguy1701 and Coyote Red like this.
  11. Stormtrooper5.0

Stormtrooper5.0 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GTPP
    0   0   0
    Blame us lazy distracted millennials that prefer auto and want to look at our phones when driving. Self driving Mustang sometime in 2020, not for me.

12. OP
    OP
    Bullitt

First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang Bullitt
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    This happened to me just last week in a new Mazda CX-5 I was driving. I hate it. And at least in the 2018 Mustangs with the Safe & Smart package, you can't turn off the auto braking permanently, only set it to a "Low" setting. If you could turn it off permanently I wouldn't mind it being standard. Right now if you want to turn it off it's buried in the center cluster settings and reactivates on each startup. This is one of the reasons why I'm keeping my 2019 Bullitt forever, one of the last Mustangs you can get with no annoying nannies.

Zelek and carguy1701 like this.
  13. EcoVert

EcoVert Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Ecoboost convertible
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    I hope they'll be some way to turn that sh!t off I don't want the car steering or braking for me only bad things can happen. Had a loaner Cherokee one time I had to open the door to back into a tight place and the damn thing applied the brakes and wouldn't let me back up it might not been so bad but the back up camera in it was crap.

14. midnite9150

midnite9150 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2006 GT
    0   0   0
    gross, I like the idea of automatic cruise control but didnt want all the other nannies. Pass!

15. Stam616

Stam616 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
    0   0   0
    Should’ve called it this lol This is on the back of my “Miss Maggie” 7FC8945B-428C-47E7-A754-4166AA9B706F.jpeg

16. Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Fastback Premium EB/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    The more and more electronics components are added, it’s not only raising the MSRP or cost of vehicles, but is also going to raise insurance premiums due to the cost to replace any such damaged components from a wreck repair to a total loss claim...

It’s not that vehicle manufacturers are competing with each other to have the most safety gadgets or nannies as some say, that stuff is being pushed by the Feds and being made to be requirements in new vehicles. Some manufactures are quicker than others with getting the requirements fulfilled and into their products BEFORE any mandated deadlines by the Govt.

I’m sure folks will figure out how to Forscan any of the intrusive nannies out...

17. Silver Bullitt

Silver Bullitt Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT Coupe PP2
    0   0   0
    Our 2017 Highlander has all that crap. I have to push the start button and then three other buttons to turn it all off. I feel more like I'm in a cockpit. The auto shut-off has to be the worst. Lane departure is also weird when you forget to turn on your turn signal and it turns the steering wheel back against the way you're trying to turn. That's a real safety feature there (rolls eyes). I was playing with it one day letting it steer itself back and forth between the lines. Of course then the sensor in the steering wheel doesn't detect enough pressure on the steering wheel and a message flashes up to grip the steering wheel. This is exactly why I want to buy another car before the driving experience is totally ruined and eventually taken away.

Coyote Red and Bullitt like this.
  18. Fatguy

Fatguy Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 V6 Mustang
    0   0   0
    What all you guys fail to realize is that even if you have a car with full manual control you are driving is a sea of Nannie equipped or self driving cars crawling all over the place. Find a street with nobody on it and some red light camera catches you having fun. The insurance companies may also hurt you for not having the nannies. Then here is the “abolish the combustion engine” movement in two decades. It’s the end of the line for traditional performance car enthusiasts. Put your VR reality head set on for a real driving experience in the future. Then keep the VR headset on with your pants down and a jar of Vaseline near by as you select your cutie of the day and jerk off into the world of the future.

SergeyMelnik, SWLA and Stam616 like this.
  19. Stam616

Stam616 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
    0   0   0
    Its the future folks, embrace it. I’m even starting to get used to the iDEA of self driving capability, it’s tough I admit and I’m not sure how comfortable I’ll feel when the car can actually do it. I only hope that we will still be able to take control and drive the car as well because I do love driving.

20. Coyote Red

Coyote Red Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Alan
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 5.0 Coyote Red
    0   0   0
    Any sports car driving individual wants the control. I won't drive a nannied car if I can't "feel" the experience. Thanks to my age I should not be suffering too long. I'll be 59 this month.

White_GT_CS likes this.