Ford Co-Pilot360 to be standard on entire lineup

gbgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Manual V6 Mustang Coupe
Its the future folks, embrace it. I’m even starting to get used to the iDEA of self driving capability, it’s tough I admit and I’m not sure how comfortable I’ll feel when the car can actually do it. I only hope that we will still be able to take control and drive the car as well because I do love driving.
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light...."
Sponsored

White_GT_CS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Don't want or need nannies. I like my sports car pure, thus I'll end up keeping my '17 Mustang GT for a long time.

Lrlaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Orange Fury
My wife's 2017 Rav4 Hybrid has all the safety features and she loves them. I actually like them too. I'm ok without them but don't mind them at all. I think it's just the future and anything to make our cars safer is a plus.

Btw, I don't think any of these new safety features are mandated by the government (backup camera being the only exception, which is required on all cars by 2018). It's just the manufacturerers adjusting to consumer demands and trying to beat or at least match the competition.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
My wife's 2017 Rav4 Hybrid has all the safety features and she loves them. I actually like them too. I'm ok without them but don't mind them at all. I think it's just the future and anything to make our cars safer is a plus.

Btw, I don't think any of these new safety features are mandated by the government (backup camera being the only exception, which is required on all cars by 2018). It's just the manufacturerers adjusting to consumer demands and trying to beat or at least match the competition.
None of the safety features are mandated yet, but auto braking will be in the not-too-distant future I'm sure. And for the distracted, texting masses, this technology will be great. Hopefully it'll prevent people from rear-ending us. But I still wish it was optional in performance cars or at least easily defeatable.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
European 18 Mustangs already come with lane assist and automatic emergency braking. Are these features not available for the US models?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
European 18 Mustangs already come with lane assist and automatic emergency braking. Are these features not available for the US models?
On the 18s and 19s they're part of an optional "Safe & Smart" package that's $1,495.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Watching the way people drive around me is enough to have me support autonomous vehicles. The sooner they get here the better. Unbelievable the amount of stupidity I watch on the way to work. As long as both autonomous and self-driven cars can co exist I'm fine. There will always be a demand for cars that you can control and there will be companies there to meet that demand.

But if Becky on her way to the office is putting on her makeup and creating her Snap story doesn't need to drive - then let's make that a possibility.

PhantomV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Camaro 2SS
I feel like all of these features should have been implemented a long time ago. Minus the lane keep assist, that shit is so annoying on the Tesla.

carguy1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium
Blind spot monitoring makes some sense on things like cargo vans, but I can't help wondering if thinner pillars and larger greenhouses might not reduce or eliminate the need for it on most cars. Just a thought.

Lane departure warning, I've never seen the need for. How hard is it to stay in your lane? So glad it defaults to off in my Fusion.

Adaptive Cruise? I've never seen a need for it. It sounds cool to be able to have the car zoom up to, say, 80 mph of its own accord when the traffic clears, but the novelty will wear off fast. Regular cruise is fine

AEB...ugh. I'm 90% sure its mainly for pedestrian protection. My thought is this: if the orange hand is showing on the crosswalk indicator, don't attempt to cross the street, and if there's no crosswalk, try and find one. What is so hard about that? What are we teaching children in school these days?

Last edited:

Sponsored

carguy1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium
This happened to me just last week in a new Mazda CX-5 I was driving. I hate it. And at least in the 2018 Mustangs with the Safe & Smart package, you can't turn off the auto braking permanently, only set it to a "Low" setting. If you could turn it off permanently I wouldn't mind it being standard. Right now if you want to turn it off it's buried in the center cluster settings and reactivates on each startup. This is one of the reasons why I'm keeping my 2019 Bullitt forever, one of the last Mustangs you can get with no annoying nannies.
The auto braking has adjustable sensitivity? Thank Madden.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Blame us lazy distracted millennials that prefer auto and want to look at our phones when driving. Self driving Mustang sometime in 2020, not for me.
Oh, so it was you. :lol:

I've seen, and I'll bet most of us here have, many drivers that shouldn't even be on the road. If this new fangled stuff will help keep these morons from hurting a innocent person then I say "good".

I ordered the safe, and smart package on the wife's '18 for different reasons. First her's is a Vert, and the blind spot is two fold that of a coupe. But, the main reason is she has limited mobility in her neck from a horrible wreck years ago. She can't turn her neck all the way to the left. So, the cross traffic and blind spot will be of great help to her.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
This happened to me just last week in a new Mazda CX-5 I was driving. I hate it. And at least in the 2018 Mustangs with the Safe & Smart package, you can't turn off the auto braking permanently, only set it to a "Low" setting. If you could turn it off permanently I wouldn't mind it being standard. Right now if you want to turn it off it's buried in the center cluster settings and reactivates on each startup. This is one of the reasons why I'm keeping my 2019 Bullitt forever, one of the last Mustangs you can get with no annoying nannies.
Funny you said that, it happened on my 2017 Mazda 6 Grand Touring... I wasn't very happy about it.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The Honda setup which costs money to upgrade to on the civic is not that intrusive imo. And it’s toggle off for most of it.
The new Accord suite seems to be nice so far, but I really need to drive mine more to really see if I find any annoyances like I did with Mazda's system.