Sponsored

Ford AU second vehicle program

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
So I'm guessing this is what they've decided to do to get rid of all the remaining MY17 stock?

https://www.drive.com.au/motor-news...-program-118297.html?ffref=smh&trackLink=SMH3

So Ranger and Escape buyers will be able to rent a Mustang for up to 2 weeks. Will cost $1k for a Ranger owner to take one for 2 weeks, bit cheaper than the traditional rental car places. Not a lot of other details in the article such as if it'll be limited to EBs or fastback only etc, limit to km it can be used etc etc.
Sponsored

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
I guess it could condition renters to driving the car and maybe intice them to buy it. Otherwise it is a bit of a throwback to when Ford owned Hertz Car Rental for a short while.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
They've probably tried to work out a way to mitigate against the hit they'll take to get rid of 17s after 18 arrives. If 18s are due in a couple of months and they rent a 17 for 4k total in that time, with a 100k daily limit, that's 4k they can knock off the list price of a very lightly used Mustang - and some Ranger owners will buy for sure.

Race Control

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT A Platinum Tri Coat
That's great news. Win win.
Sponsored