Sponsored

For you ecoboost lovers - Shelby GT EcoBoost

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I think the Shelby GT Ecoboost is a just gorgeous. Shelby America did a really nice job of enhancing the appearance of the new Mustang. If I had an Ecoboost Mustang , I would really consider upgrading it to a Shelby GT Ecoboost. I agree with those who say 20 horsepower is not enough horsepower. Shelby America will have to gather its hot rodders together and come up with another 20 to 30 horsepower. Also, they should install an MGW shifter for the price they want.
Sponsored

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
Lol at that poor, poor once upon a time super nice mustang becoming an autozoned car.

A special lol shout out at the price! GADZOOKS! I want the names of every sucker in Shelby's black book that they sold one of these "things" too. I've got all sorts of stuff they can buy...

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
YUCK.... Wouldn't even look good if it were a GT

MotorJoe

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB S550 GT Auto
Ugly P.O.S.

Talk about a company trying to live from the past. Who ever owns it should get new managment a.s.a.p. before this guys run it to the ground.

Sponsored

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
It's apparent that Shelby America is loosing it's relevancy ... The Shelby Ecoboost Mustang conversion just reinforces that perception!

Ford Motor Company has become the true purveyor of Shelby Mustangs!

:thumbsup:

This. There was a time not long ago (mid 90s to 2002) when one had to go to a Shelby or a Saleen or a Steeda or a rousch to have a seriously powerful turnkey mustang that would even hang with the competition. It was a sad time. Then the terminator Cobras came out and the rest is history. Today I'd rather have a fully loaded GT than anything offered from Shelby American or Steeda. You might twist my arm to take a Rousch or Saleen over a GT, but I'd most prefer a Ford SVT (or Team Mustang) version over anything else. I'm anxious for the day they drop the Shelby branding as it's confusing to the general public and non Mustang enthusiasts over what's in house and what's a tuner version. I know I shouldn't care but I saw some random idiots arguing Under a review article that Shelby (American) rather than Ford built the modern incarnation of the GT500. It bugged me to see the misinformation and confusion. Ford wasn't getting the credit for its own creation. Not holding my breath on the branding though.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Ya all , take another look at the Shelby GT Ecoboost. Now , you agree that is one fine looking automoble.:cheers: Dontcha think ?

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
There is one thing I really like about this package...

Naw, just kidding.

thxultra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost, 2016 Mercedes C300
$23k is crazy for what you get, when I first read it was $23k I was expecting a built motor with performance better then the stock 5.0. This is more like $3k in mods if that and a body kit. Rip off and disappointing.

Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Just look at the options. Shelby America will install a roll bar for you. I dont have time to do all the things Shelby America does to the Ecoboost Mustang, so I see value in what SA does to the Mustang. A roll bar, WOW.

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
Just look at the options. Shelby America will install a roll bar for you. I dont have time to do all the things Shelby America does to the Ecoboost Mustang, so I see value in what SA does to the Mustang. A roll bar, WOW.
Or you could just spend 10k (parts and labor) and get a much faster, better looking (the Shelby is hideous) and then go on a couple vacations for the 14k you didn't blow on the Shelby version. First the Shelby Super snake GT and then this...Shelby is going downhill fast.

Tristar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Infested with Shelby American Haters ?

I don't think you can even come close to buy those parts and paying labor at 10 grand. The wheels and tires they use are over $4800.00 alone, the upgrade to the hood and grills must be $2000 and I am only scratching the surface, they also upgrade the air intake, the Exhaust and complete rear end, as well as all Carbon Fiber on the added parts, like the side skirts and so on. No way you can do with labor that there doing for under 20G and to boot you get there already tested to work mix of parts and it becomes a Registered Shelby.

As far as looks , you do know you can get the carbon fiber parts in paint to match and there are three choices on wheels, 5 choices on stripes, Interior Upgrades.

No one can build this for 10G, no way.

I have a 2015GT and If I could afford it I would let them make it a Shelby or a Supersnake as fast as I could get it there.

Last thing, there facility is massive I could not see far enough to count all the lifts and bays, and when I was there they were all full with Mustangs and Raptors being upgraded to Shelby's, plus there was a long line waiting in standby areas to get in. I think there fine when it comes to staying in business, plenty of people get it and want it.

With the painted parts, I think it looks as good as any Mustang on the road today.

:-)

Or you could just spend 10k (parts and labor) and get a much faster, better looking (the Shelby is hideous) and then go on a couple vacations for the 14k you didn't blow on the Shelby version. First the Shelby Super snake GT and then this...Shelby is going downhill fast.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I don't think you're going to find Shelby American haters here. But what they're doing right now looks like straight outta ;-) cheap tuning shop except they're not cheap.

Tristar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Tuning Shop ???

I don't get it, how can you compare Shelby to a cheap tuning shop. they have there own deal, there hood, there side skirts, there tail, there back carbon fiber deck cover, there grill upper and lower, Shelby Air Intake, Shelby Exhaust, Complete and nice looking lower rear fascia. Suspension Mods and on an on, Interior Mods while minor look nice. Then from what I was told by them and read online, they work with the Supercharger company to make sure all the parts work together better than any tuner shop could ever do. Its a complete well designed package that works, its 627 HP, the Carbon Fiber supposedly lightens things a little and they use some of the best wheels you can get anywhere in the world. They use the best tires as well.

Go to the site and build one in the colors and stripes and wheels you like, they look fantastic.

If your join the the Shelby American forum and read a little, there are very few issues, they seem to work out the kinks before they offer the pkg to the general public. Shelby owners usually love them and benefit from have a limited # and registered Shelby registered vehicle when it comes to resale.

Go to a tuner shop and see what Ford tells you about your warranty, Shelby same three years you had to begin with.

A good deal to me, Once again If I could afford it, I would be in for a GT or a Supersnake Shelby in a heartbeat.

I don't think you're going to find Shelby American haters here. But what they're doing right now looks like straight outta ;-) cheap tuning shop except they're not cheap.
Sponsored