For those waiting on a steering wheel

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
After a few weeks of "awaiting shipment" mine finally switched to "in transit" and the delivery date got pushed back to 3/28. FordPerf says 3/22 to 3/28, the dealer is less than an hour from the Norfolk Southern auto depot in Jacksonville so maybe it will be sooner than 3/28.
Sponsored

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
For those who know or are fairly sure their car was scheduled to produce the weeks of 2/11 or 2/18 - these are at least the final 2 of the weeks with no wheel - then please let us know if your tracker ever shows you as being in “Awaiting Shipment” - everyone after these two specific weeks should be fine.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Zooks527 wasn’t 2/25 one of the production weeks with a wheel?
Per the Detroit Free Press, cars coming off the line on 2/25 had steering wheels.

Hey, if you can't trust what Ford tells the DFP ...... :wink:

Ikzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 EU spec
Ahhh, sorry. I thought you are referring to Ford Performance Chat.

No ETIS without VIN. And I'm still without it.
So dealer seems to be my only chance?
Yes I think that your dealer is your best chance. Try to insist about allocation and see what he says...

Sponsored

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
On these warmer days my patience is thin!! Zooks527 - is there some point in time when you are going to give up on this vehicle or do you truly think these steering wheel problem cars will actually get finished and sent to us? I am feeling more and more anxious about this deal every day. And have zero faith in Ford right now.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
On these warmer days my patience is thin!! Zooks527 - is there some point in time when you are going to give up on this vehicle or do you truly think these steering wheel problem cars will actually get finished and sent to us? I am feeling more and more anxious about this deal every day. And have zero faith in Ford right now.
Mine (blend date 08 Feb) was caught in the "great steering wheel disaster of 2019" and got pushed back by about 4 weeks but is now on a train and (slowly) heading to the dealer. Ymmv but I think all the cars affected by the steering wheel strike will soon be shipped.

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Mine (blend date 08 Feb) was caught in the "great steering wheel disaster of 2019" and got pushed back by about 4 weeks but is now on a train and (slowly) heading to the dealer. Ymmv but I think all the cars affected by the steering wheel strike will soon be shipped.
Okay, some good news for you - yeah! So did you keep checking the online tracker and it finally moved from “In Production” to “Awaiting Shipment” etc? In other words, how did you find out yours is now en route via train?

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zooks527 - is there some point in time when you are going to give up on this vehicle or do you truly think these steering wheel problem cars will actually get finished and sent to us? I am feeling more and more anxious about this deal every day.
I've still got snow in my yard, so that mitigates it a bit. The problem is that I can see the issue getting resolved in a few weeks or taking literal months, depending on how they're dealing with it and how cynical I want to be.

They'll need to finish them sometime - there's too much capital tied up in 8000 cars they can't sell not to. May be soon, may not be for a long time. The fact that we haven't seen anyone who was at "produced" on, say, 2/22 flip to "waiting for shipment" seems rather depressing. Perhaps Bob's experience is that event, thoough.

MMApex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP GT
There are cars (well 2) with a blend date of 1/22 now on dealer lots in the mid Atlantic region; website shows actual photos which is encouraging! Means they have been there a few days.

Sponsored

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Okay, some good news for you - yeah! So did you keep checking the online tracker and it finally moved from “In Production” to “Awaiting Shipment” etc? In other words, how did you find out yours is now en route via train?
Yep, checked it every day then when it showed "in transit" (Monday) I chatted with Ford Performance to see where it is. It left Flat Rock and went to New Boston which is a CSX auto shipping yard.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are cars (well 2) with a blend date of 1/22 now on dealer lots in the mid Atlantic region; website shows actual photos which is encouraging! Means they have been there a few days.
That is encouraging. They would have been somewhere on the line when the 1/17 - 2/11 shutdown occurred, so there's a chance they were made without wheels and later upfit and shipped.

MMApex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP GT
My tracker was counting up but has now moved out to a new delivery date (4th one) of 3/23, but still says awaiting shipment.

Ordered: 10/4
Blend: 1/22
First Delivery Date: 2/14
Switched to Awaiting Shipment: 2/11

Last edited:

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
My tracker was counting up but has now moved out to a new delivery date (4th one) of 3/23, but still says awaiting shipment.
At least you are seeing some changes - yay! I am still stuck In Production with the days counting up. I am convinced they have lost my car lol

OP
OP
Jps920

Jps920

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer Sport, 2019 GT
Ya it's nice to hear some progress (albeit a small amount) is being made. I am still counting up (currently at 18 days) and stuck in the production phase.
Sponsored