Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. I just checked my status and now I cannot check my window sticker as it says it has not been issued yet.
Sponsored

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It went into production on 2/19, right in the window of the lost ponies. Yesterday was my last scheduled delivery date. Now it just shows n/a since about ten days ago. Optimistic thought .......they are changing it to show that it has shipped. :clap: Pessimistic, I am going to sit down and have a good cry. :frown:

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
It went into production on 2/19, right in the window of the lost ponies. Yesterday was my last scheduled delivery date. Now it just shows n/a since about ten days ago. Optimistic thought .......they are changing it to show that it has shipped. :clap: Pessimistic, I am going to sit down and have a good cry. :frown:
2/19 is my production date too - and if yours is getting shafted again now - I will sit down and cry with you!! Please keep us posted on your status

MMApex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP GT
My tracker was counting up but has now moved out to a new delivery date (4th one) of 3/23, but still says awaiting shipment.

Ordered: 10/4
Blend: 1/22
First Delivery Date: 2/14
Switched to Awaiting Shipment: 2/11
My tracker has now reverted to its 3/2 delivery date and is counting up again. :crazy:

Sponsored

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
My tracker has now reverted to its 3/2 delivery date and is counting up again. :crazy:
Worst decision ever regarding us customers when Ford went ahead and built our cars without wheels. Complete screw up that has messed things up big time. Even the tracking system is useless now. Way to go Ford

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Order: 1/24
Blend Date: 03/01
Rolled off line: 03/04 (I got to watch almost the entire build, starting from after paint to first time they start the car!)
Arrived at dealership: 3/13 (dealership is near Flat Rock)
Okay great for you! Your car was not affected by the steering wheel shortage. Glad all is going so well for some. Again if your car has no steering wheel please post your updates here.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Just got an unsolicited call from my salesman:
  • SM: "Hey, how are you doing?"
  • Me: "Living the dream. And yourself?"
  • SM: "Me too. Hey, we saw your car was well past estimated the delivery date, and called to find out why. You won't believe this."
  • Me: "What, that it's sitting in a parking lot at Flat Rock without a steering wheel?"
  • SM: "You knew?"
  • Me: "Yeah. Came off the line on 2/18 and has been parked for a month."
  • SM: "Um, yeah. Seems there was a part supply issue"
  • Me: "Yup. Strike in Mexico resulted in them shutting down the line for 3 weeks, then making 8000 cars without wheels."
  • SM: "How many??"
  • Me: "8000. That's going to take a while to fix. Could be weeks. Could be months."
  • SM: "Uh, yeah. The regional rep says they should have it resolved by April 5, but that might just be the supply issue."
  • Me: "Yeah. Who knows?"
  • SM: "Well, you said you didn't want it while there was snow on the ground."
  • Me: "Absolutely. April would work for me."
As long as I had him off guard, I got him to agree to get me a hard copy brochure to keep along with the car. :angel:

Last edited:

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
  • Me: "8000. That's going to take a while to fix. Could be weeks. Could be months."
  • SM: "Uh, yeah. The regional rep says they should have it resolved by April 5, but that might just be the supply issue."
  • Me: "Yeah. Who knows?"
  • SM: "Well, you said you didn't want it while there was snow on the ground."
  • Me: "Absolutely. April would work for me."
As long as I had him off guard, I got him to agree to get me a hard copy brochure to keep along with the car. :angel:[/QUOTE]

Maybe April.....omg
I think I am going to have to cancel this order. I give up

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe April.....omg
I think I am going to have to cancel this order. I give up
Hey, for all you know, you're next in line to get the wheel put on. Hope springs eternal !

Sponsored

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have visions of an old guy pulling a red wagon full of steering wheels up to a row of Mustangs. Slowly he climbs into one of the cars and sits in the fresh leather seats. He starts to install the steering wheel. The seat is so comfortable and he slowly drifts asleep...........

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Hey, for all you know, you're next in line to get the wheel put on. Hope springs eternal !
Oh buddy, with a life like I have with zero good luck, hope is just another 4-letter word. I asked for an update from my dealer a few hours ago and no reply yet. I am beyond pi$$ed now. As a side note - I was just trying to get this car as a fun anniversary gift. Do not have a huge love for the Mustangs but they seem better looking than any others and I was more than willing to give this fun and customer friendly ordering process a shot. Well after all of this mess - my “love” had gone to hate and no end in sight for this anxiety. Not worth it

Ikzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 EU spec
Oh buddy, with a life like I have with zero good luck, hope is just another 4-letter word. I asked for an update from my dealer a few hours ago and no reply yet. I am beyond pi$$ed now. As a side note - I was just trying to get this car as a fun anniversary gift. Do not have a huge love for the Mustangs but they seem better looking than any others and I was more than willing to give this fun and customer friendly ordering process a shot. Well after all of this mess - my “love” had gone to hate and no end in sight for this anxiety. Not worth it
I feel your pain man

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Dealer searched for a replacement for my steering wheel-less order...! We found one but will that dealer actually have the car (no - not on their lot - I called) and if not on their lot then will my dealer actually be able to get it? Fingers crossed - thankfully, today’s problems are more clear cut with possible solutions instead of the who knows/waiting game I am going through with a possibly forever unfinished build.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have visions of an old guy pulling a red wagon full of steering wheels up to a row of Mustangs. Slowly he climbs into one of the cars and sits in the fresh leather seats. He starts to install the steering wheel. The seat is so comfortable and he slowly drifts asleep...........
:like:

Thinking about the logistics of it, the upfit would seem to be fairly involved. Since they'll be adding a wheel with an airbag, I would think they'll have to disconnect the battery, add the wheel, mount the airbag, reconnect the battery, clear the codes from the time it was run without an airbag, and then head the car to QC. Doesn't seem like a particularly quick process, could be fairly labor intensive, and might not be the kind of thing they want to do outdoors. If they're not doing it outdoors where the cars are parked, then you have to add "put on a dummy wheel, drive it somewhere, take off the dummy wheel" to the mix.

So, guessing, a half hour process. For 8000 cars, that's 4000 manhours. 10 guys full time for 2.5 months. :facepalm:
Sponsored