GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know when they stopped working but the Diode Dynamics SS3 worked when I installed them. I checked the fuse diagram and found nothing that pointed to a specific fuse so I checked them all under the bonnet and the foot well and none were blown. I swapped back the original light and still nothing. I connected a voltmeter to the connector to the light while the engine was running but it's not getting any power. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Not my field.
However, in general, Won't a control module of some sort be in the equation?

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
Not my field.
However, in general, Won't a control module of some sort be in the equation?
Have you messed around with Forscan recently? have you inadvertently turned them off? have you tried the engine bay fuses and the BCM fuses?

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I do have Forscan but I've never changed anything with it, I was planning on having a look with that at some point too.

I took a photo and labelled all my fuses, I also tested relay 78 and 79 open but had to order some more cables before I can test the resistance. I've actually just got another battery too but that's likely not the cause. I'm thinking maybe something has happened when I was installing insullation into the foot well.

Inside-Fuses.jpg

Engine-Fuses.jpg

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
i wonder if you've inadvertently disconnected a wire somewhere? either in the switch itself or on the BCM, are you sure you put the connector back on the correct way as i've noticed you are able to reverse the polarity on the connector itself to the fog light

Sponsored

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ok I got them working, not sure how though. I replaced the battery, then I connected forscan and ran some tests, reset and rescanned everything that had errors, most were from me disconnecting devices previously. I then noticed there's actually an on/off switch which was turned off, garage must have done it, I then noticed 1 was connected the wrong way, like you said they can be connected either way.

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Ok I got them working, not sure how though. I replaced the battery, then I connected forscan and ran some tests, reset and rescanned everything that had errors, most were from me disconnecting devices previously. I then noticed there's actually an on/off switch which was turned off, garage must have done it, I then noticed 1 was connected the wrong way, like you said they can be connected either way.
glad you got it solved :like: it's always annoying these electrical gremlins

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
It's a pain but you learn so much fixing problems
definitely i'm now an expert in electrical boiler repairs after my boiler stopped working haha
Sponsored