Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Let me start by saying I am completely in love with our new Mustangs's design. Hats of to Ford:thumbsup: But this is one area where I see an immediate need and potential for improvement. The so called fog light "eyebrows". I don't have an issue with there placement above the fogs but I would like to see them take on an appearance more along the lines of the Chevy SS. Even the Impala pulls it off better. In my opinion the SS just executes the look in a more technical modern way. Any one with Photoshop skills willing to take a crack at this I would greatly appreciate it. Secondly, we know these cars have all been pre production. Is there any chance they could take on a different look when the production model breaks cover? If not I'm sure the aftermarket will have a few options.
image.jpg
Sponsored

Radeyo

Threads
Reaction score
With all the changes in design we've seen between the different cars, I can put money on them changing up a few things based on public feedback before they go in to production.

I do agree, the parking lights above the fogs look tacky and rushed. I feel like they can do a better job making them flow with the rest of the front better. They currently look like they were put on with double sided tape at the last minute.

GTMamba

Threads
Reaction score
I also don't like the LED eyebrow. I think whole fog area would look much better blacked out completely. I think I've seen some photoshops like that (maybe on this site). Hopefully it's as easy of a mod as it is to photoshop out.

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
I don't like it either. The fog lamp area just looks really generic.

Not sure how easy it will be to eliminate it, as it appears to be the front marker/turn signal. It will have to be replaced with something for the car to be legal if it is indeed the turn signal.

It would be nice if the aftermarket would make a whole new insert that had the turn signal and fog in a different configuration.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Many cars with quality HID setups are going away from fog lights completely. Mercedes in this case is designing HID and LED headlights to completely combine low/high and fog light functions into one component. If the headlights are designed with this in mind, the LED strips/eyebrows can be used as daytime lights and completely eliminate any additional lights.

I work as a Mercedes tech so I get to see these things often and they definitely work. With the 2013+ Mustangs getting HID's standard it makes sense Ford could go this route as well.

Sponsored

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z Touring with Sport
Many cars with quality HID setups are going away from fog lights completely. Mercedes in this case is designing HID and LED headlights to completely combine low/high and fog light functions into one component. If the headlights are designed with this in mind, the LED strips/eyebrows can be used as daytime lights and completely eliminate any additional lights.

I work as a Mercedes tech so I get to see these things often and they definitely work. With the 2013+ Mustangs getting HID's standard it makes sense Ford could go this route as well.
Fog lights have become the go-to 'sport' accent for cars. I'd rather have giant ducting for brakes or CAI, personally.

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
Fog lights have become the go-to 'sport' accent for cars. I'd rather have giant ducting for brakes or CAI, personally.
Yep. I just saw a photoshop of the front with the fog removed, but the signal/marker light still there. Not sure which thread it was in -- suprisingly it looked really good. I think the issue is the signal/marker and the fogs together make the area look really cluttered.

I would rather just have a functional duct there as well. Automakers no longer know how to properly equip cars with fogs for them to function right anyways.
Sponsored