Fluid change intervals

kiszl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Tripple Yellow 2015 GT
Looking to begin tracking my mustang at the end of the year (Car sits at 30K miles currently). Then next year I wanna start doing between 2-3 events consistently per year. It is my daily driver as of right now so it will be pulling double duty and I want to make sure I preserve the cars life properly with fluid changes.

Wanted to ask the more experienced guys what intervals they use for changing out the following fluids. (Ex: Before and after every track day, only after every track day, every 5,000 miles, etc)
Oil
Brakes
Coolant
Trans
Dif

Thanks in advance guys!
Sponsored

sonicc

Mr. Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Oil: depends...normally every 5k miles, but I run Amsoil and keep an eye on oil temp. If it dips into red, I change it after track day.

Brake fluid, coolant, trans & diff fluid: once a year.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
I would agree with sonicc. But it really all depends on how hard you push your car, how hot the fluids get, and how frequently you track your car. If you push any of the fluid temps into the red, I would change them after the track event. If you boil the brake fluid, change it out. If your diff goes into limp mode, change it out. If you keep your fluids from over heating, I would agree with changing them once a year as a general rule of thumb. Obviously, the more frequent the better, but you have to live within your own budget as well.

As far as engine oil though, I change it out before and after events because I use a different viscosity oil for street and track use.