Flowmaster Outlaw axle back rattle issues

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Sold/ ‘22 Gt500 on order
Looking to see if anyone has had the same issues as myself. I have a 2018 Mustang Gt PP1 with 10R80.

I have a SR performance XPipe paired with the Flowmaster outlaw axle back with active values. I have had terrible rattling on the drivers side and have had it replaced twice through warranty. On quiet, Normal and sport it will rattling on cold starts and higher RPM. Track mode works just fine, I love the look and enjoy the sound but it’s embarrassing when you car is rattling. Can anyone help me?
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Hard to say.. if it goes away in track mode, I'm guessing it's the valve itself.

Ayee__Jay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
Looking to see if anyone has had the same issues as myself. I have a 2018 Mustang Gt PP1 with 10R80.

I have a SR performance XPipe paired with the Flowmaster outlaw axle back with active values. I have had terrible rattling on the drivers side and have had it replaced twice through warranty. On quiet, Normal and sport it will rattling on cold starts and higher RPM. Track mode works just fine, I love the look and enjoy the sound but it’s embarrassing when you car is rattling. Can anyone help me?
I personally have gone through the same situation and now one of my valves (passenger side) wont open all the way. Both rattle pretty bad at low rpms. Started since the first night i put them on. Since one valve wont close all the way, it doesn’t stay in track mode long and will automatically switch to normal so i opened them and pulled the fuse to keep it open for now but haven’t found a resolution for the rattle.

Ayee__Jay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
I personally have gone through the same situation and now one of my valves (passenger side) wont open all the way. Both rattle pretty bad at low rpms. Started since the first night i put them on. Since one valve wont close all the way, it doesn’t stay in track mode long and will automatically switch to normal so i opened them and pulled the fuse to keep it open for now but haven’t found a resolution for the rattle.
Oh man my fault im HORRIBLE at keeping up with notifications on here just realized u replied to me about this on the other post

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hells Fury

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
So your having that issue with Flowmaster?

OP
OP
Hells Fury

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
I like Borla and Corsa they are a little bit better made.
True but I spent $1000 on these and just keep getting warranty replacements to only do the same thing. Flowmaster is supposedly setting up a test on these to see if they can identify the issue.

Ayee__Jay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
How did you go about that?
I haven't touched it all yet. The rattling isn't too bad now but driving through parking lots/garages or cold starts it will definitely let you know the rattle is there. One of those small things that make a big deal. I talked to my guy who does all my exhaust work he said we can do it if possible. I honestly plan on probably cutting the muffler out when I go catless depending on how bad the drone is.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hells Fury

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
I haven't touched it all yet. The rattling isn't too bad now but driving through parking lots/garages or cold starts it will definitely let you know the rattle is there. One of those small things that make a big deal. I talked to my guy who does all my exhaust work he said we can do it if possible. I honestly plan on probably cutting the muffler out when I go catless depending on how bad the drone is.
I know AWE sells a bracket you can mount under the car to plug and hide them. This keeps the car happy with no check engine lights. This is probably were I’m headed.

Ayee__Jay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
I know AWE sells a bracket you can mount under the car to plug and hide them. This keeps the car happy with no check engine lights. This is probably were I’m headed.
It's funny I've seen them and never knew thats what they were for! Will definitely have to look into that. If you end up doing it keep me updated please! Would love to see pictures aswell.
Sponsored