Sponsored

Flex fuel questions..

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
Im getting close to ordering a pmas cai, 170 thermostat and a lund tune. I know theirs a lot of threads about flex fuel but Ive searched and couldn't find all the info that I need. So I was going to do the 93 tune but from what I've read, the new flex fuel tune can do that along with e85. So how does switching fuels work? Say I ordered the tune at 91 oct minimum. Does that mean I can just switch from 91, 93 and e85 easily with the new flex fuel tune? Say for example, I have 93 oct in the car with a quarter tank left. Can I go to a gas station that has e85 and just fill it up with that or vise verse? Also, Ive read that running e85 isn't too good in the cold weather either, so is it only recommended to use in hotter weather?
Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Depends how cold it gets where you live. I run it year round, and I mix in a tank of 91 every now and then. Lund will tell you that to swap fuels, run the tank down as far as you can. Sometimes I mix half 91, half e85...no issues. I just give it 10-15 mins to adjust before going WOT. Most of the time I run straight E85.

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
Your questions have been asked and answered in detail in beefcakes thread about Lunds FF tunes, I know its a long thread but it a good read if your considering the FF tune.

FWIW, I have the Lund FF tune and it is awesome!!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
You can swap between any fuel with the Flex fuel

Typically you'll see about 10 more hp and 15 more ft lbs on e85

Let me know if we can help in any way. Plenty in stock

Billyocean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red PP GT
You can swap between any fuel with the Flex fuel

Typically you'll see about 10 more hp and 15 more ft lbs on e85

Let me know if we can help in any way. Plenty in stock
THIS^^^ I ordered SP headers PMAS intake Nguage and Lund FF tune last week from beefcake, and its almost like he knew i was gonna order it and had it on its way before i even paid, Never in my life other than amazon prime have i experienced such fast shipping!!! now i wait the 7-10 days for the tune with the parts sitting in front of me for the last 5 days!
Sponsored