KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Not sure how long ago this was made....
It's a mixture of different videos from different years, of different video quality, mashed together. There's 13-14 cars, 15-17s, Bullits, GT500s, lots of years of production.
Sponsored

drudis

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dariusrudis.net
First Name
Darius
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium - SpongeBob Yellow
Too bad they didnt show (trade secret) the PERS System (painting), nor the MASS System (vehicle weighing at end of line) that I was in charge of. But they did show the Monroney (window sticker) sytem that I also IT managed.

OP
OP
Bobn57

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
here's another one....enjoy
Cool Bullitt video at end

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Great video. You should see the challengers being built. Itā€™s pretty amazing how many robots Stellantis has. It appears more automated than flat rock.

Millarduck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT; 2016 Jeep GC Limited; 2014 Honda Accord Touring; former 1966 Mustang Coupe- Sprint Edition
I like watching auto assembly videos. What is glaring with with domestic manufacturers and some foreign transplant is that the line workers wear anything the want to (essentially) like shorts and little league t-shirts. Honda has white overalls so workers keep surfaces clean and can find potential problems if their overalls get a stain. Love watching these type videos. This Accord assembly video has some simialr assembly like the seat arm, and shows the paint shop and e-coat.

Hoose71

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
84, 13, 13, 21, 22 Mustangs, 72 Nova Rally
When I started in automotive I was surprised how much was manually done. But the reality is that it makes more sense because there are too many variables in trim and chassis to make automation viable. Now in body where are the panels are being welded up it's almost entirely automated. I think that maybe it only took about 20 people (Dodge RAM and minivan plants) and most of their jobs were loading parts onto conveyors for robots. You could have robots do that job as well but then the shipping containers have to be robot accessible and you lose density per container. Then you're adding to shipping logistics problems and cost and it goes downhill from there.

lugbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
some of the line workers are wearing some kind of harness on their back. What is it and what's it do?

Sponsored

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Nice video. Always wonder if we are seeing people that potentially might not give a $#%@ about what comes off. One guy putting on the front...frequently a panel gap issue area and then another guy doing the rubber seal around the door. On my 2016, only a blind person would have let the rubber seal on mine go through...it had major defects near the section between the window and the smaller window. I will say that my Mach 1 is pretty solid though...a few missing grommets on the rubber cover on the upper part of the engine bay was the only real oversights I came across.

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Looked like a lot of the current generation shots may have been made sometime during the 2018 model year .... the reds look more like Crimson than Ruby Red, and I believe Crimson was a one year only shade.

Very interesting.

Ken
Perhaps, at 2:33 there was a fusion there.

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
Ford doesnā€™t supply their workers uniforms? Sorry thatā€™s the first thing I noticed. Lol. Cost cutting maybe haha