Sponsored

Flat Rock Assembly Plant Trip Report

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
if i order now ,when can I expect to take delivery?
Between Jan - Mar.

It really depends on a lot of things. They've already scheduled to end of September, and I bet they have enough orders to fill up through December.

I expect orders to ramp up from there, though. Once these start hitting streets it'll mean a good amount of new demand. It's anybodies guess how long the delivery times will get once that happens. I've never been this close to the delivery of a new platform before, so no idea if there's a 'normal' pattern.

Sal JC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if i order now ,when can I expect to take delivery?
The last orders that got scheduled were on 7/10 and those have an apox build week of 9/22, so figure there are 6 weeks of orders piled up since then plus original retails, so add 8-10 weeks, late Nov/early Dec build + 2 weeks delivery. maybe around Christmas..

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Grab life by the balls guys... I can't believe so many are upset because their cars may or may not get scheduled in September... should have picked a high sales dealership and two... it seems to be all about me, me, me... screw everyone else is the attitude I see here. So what that they got theirs as a dealer stock... you are bickering at other people who seem impatient so they got their dealer to put it as dealer stock...... so now dealer stock gets on the lot... someone may or may not buy it...take in account that there are a retail allocation for your dealer...if you had not gotten scheduled on the 911 you are SOL ... Maybe you should have gone to a dealer that sells alot of mustang versus F series

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Glad I picked a high sales dealer, grabbed an LE and ordered in May. [emoji106]

My dealer is sure it'll be delivered end of September AND IF IT'S NOT......oh well lol it'll be here eventually.

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Perfect time to order some aggressive winter tires and shred them all winter learning the balance of the car... so when Summer hits you already have fresh tires and open roads..

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
I have to admit, I'm getting a little pissed off. I ordered on day one, have a dealer allocation order (I was wrong, it is priority 20 not 10) and I don't have a build date. The response I got via PM from Tricia is that there still is no build date, but it's scheduled to build sometime in mid-September. That's retail order timeframe while I sit and watch people who've ordered much later than I procure build dates earlier than mine.

That means at the very earliest, I'll be able to take delivery in mid-October, but more likely late October or possibly into November. Of course, I ordered the GT w/PP, which means Summer only tires. This is not my idea of a good delivery time for a Summer tire equipped vehicle. At this point, I'm seriously thinking of asking for my deposit back and waiting until early next year, perhaps even a 2016 model instead.
That's just the way it goes. When I ordered mine last August, people who had placed their order weeks after me had build dates ahead of mine. Ford obviously has a system in place, but it is pretty opaque to people at our level.

Now, if you want to see angry, wait until cars start showing up for the people who placed dealer stock orders, esp. those with x-plan pricing. More than a few dealerships are going to sell those cars right out from under the person that placed the order simply because they can get more from someone that walked in off the street. Happens all the time. If you don't have a signed contract they can, and will, sell your car to someone else without a second thought.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

mustang.om

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
mustangf.om

Glad I picked a high sales dealer, grabbed an LE and ordered in May. [emoji106]

My dealer is sure it'll be delivered end of September AND IF IT'S NOT......oh well lol it'll be here eventually.
hello, congratulations to you wine. I am born of my concesionere nothing, in order LE white wimbledon 6 speed manual

mustang.om

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
hello Tricia bravo for your WorkIn. Help me I am born of my concesionere nothing, dealers cb2412 order 6000 thanks

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2023 F150 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Now, if you want to see angry, wait until cars start showing up for the people who placed dealer stock orders, esp. those with x-plan pricing. More than a few dealerships are going to sell those cars right out from under the person that placed the order simply because they can get more from someone that walked in off the street. Happens all the time. If you don't have a signed contract they can, and will, sell your car to someone else without a second thought.

This can AND WILL happen. Shady practice non the less it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
This can AND WILL happen. Shady practice non the less it happens.

Exactly why I'm not driving a '14 TP/Recaro GT that I had a $2K deposit on. That was a car that sat on the lot, someone came in and paid a lot more for it. There will be violence if my ordered '15 with my name on the window sticker does not go home with me. :paddle:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2023 F150 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly why I'm not driving a '14 TP/Recaro GT that I had a $2K deposit on. That was a car that sat on the lot, someone came in and paid a lot more for it. There will be violence if my ordered '15 with my name on the window sticker does not go home with me. :paddle:

I think we who ordered it retail are safe. I believe Lucy would have some explaining to do if a car ordered for a certain customer was not sold to that actual customer. I believe the dealer gets penalized and looses an allocation (or something like that). My friend, a fleet manager said this is what happens. Some shady dealers ordering cars under made up names to get more cars delivered then sell them to anyone. From what I'm told we retail customers will probably get a call from Ford at some point checking to see if we are the person who ordered it.

Well that's what I was told anyway I sure somebody would love to correct me ;)

Sponsored