Vehicle(s)
F-250

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Are any Performance Package Mustangs being built again?

If not yet, when, if at all?

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
So if this is actually a scheduled closing it shouldn't impact any existing orders. Their system is already taking the closing into account.
I agree with this.

Here is my car's order timeline thus far:
  • My order got submitted on 12/14. Received the first email from Ford, confirming the order that same day.
  • The second email arrived 1/6, saying my car would be built the week of 2/7.
  • The third email arrived 1/8, saying my build week was being moved up to 1/31.
With the news of this week's shutdown, I haven't received any further emails saying my car's production week is changing.

I would be curious to know if there are existing orders being impacted by this week's closing, AND Ford actually sending additional update emails to previously emailed customers, informing them of any date changes.

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with this.

Here is my car's order timeline thus far:
  • My order got submitted on 12/14. Received the first email from Ford, confirming the order that same day.
  • The second email arrived 1/6, saying my car would be built the week of 2/7.
  • The third email arrived 1/8, saying my build week was being moved up to 1/31.
With the news of this week's shutdown, I haven't received any further emails saying my car's production week is changing.

I would be curious to know if there are existing orders being impacted by this week's closing, AND Ford actually sending additional update emails to previously emailed customers, informing them of any date changes.
Friday January 21 Update: I just had a chat with an agent at https://performanceparts.ford.com/contact-us/

I gave them my Order Number and VIN, and asked for the latest update on the order.

They mentioned my car has a new build date of 2/18 (read this in mind of what I wrote above). This is just before Flat Rock will enter plant shutdown for 3 weeks. The agent confirmed the date change was made only yesterday. Emails on the date change (at least for me) have NOT yet gone out.

That's the latest I have.

Sponsored

Lunixor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Giovanni
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thankfully my car was just built on 01/13 and released to carrier on 01/18, so it seems I narrowly missed the plant shutdown. If production was scheduled a couple of days later I'd probably be waiting a few extra weeks for the car.

OP
OP
22GT

22GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2020 f150 xlt, 2013 avenger 3.6l, 2017 f350 srw xl
I just asked the Ford agent and my cars build date has been moved from 2/14/2022 to 2/7/2022. I'm excited but I don't understand why some get bumped sooner or later.

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
I just asked the Ford agent and my cars build date has been moved from 2/14/2022 to 2/7/2022. I'm excited but I don't understand why some get bumped sooner or later.
Probably just didnā€™t need a part they are waiting on for other cars.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Not again? I thought 2022 potential owners were spared from the 2021 agonies
We'll be lucky if 2023 buyers escape supply problems.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Probably just didnā€™t need a part they are waiting on for other cars.
It is parts related. Depends on the build and when the parts arrive for them. It could be driveline, body, interior, or any other part. It could be a supply chain issue but not likely. Changes in production schedules happen every day.

Sponsored

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Friday January 21 Update: I just had a chat with an agent at https://performanceparts.ford.com/contact-us/

I gave them my Order Number and VIN, and asked for the latest update on the order.

They mentioned my car has a new build date of 2/18 (read this in mind of what I wrote above). This is just before Flat Rock will enter plant shutdown for 3 weeks. The agent confirmed the date change was made only yesterday. Emails on the date change (at least for me) have NOT yet gone out.

That's the latest I have.
Tonight I actually received an order update email from Ford, regarding the changed build date (see below). This is consistent and follows what I wrote above earlier today.

Capture.JPG

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
Looks as if the plant is trying for a 1/31 restart (MAYBE) . That's going to push orders way behind.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Looks as if the plant is trying for a 1/31 restart (MAYBE) . That's going to push orders way behind.
Where did you read this? There is nothing online other than the original report saying they plan on opening this coming week. Hopefully thatā€™s not changing.

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
Where did you read this? There is nothing online other than the original report saying they plan on opening this coming week. Hopefully thatā€™s not changing.
I know two workers who work the line and they were notified yesterday of another week of downtime. Some are working on some details at the plant, but NO production will be going on.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I know two workers who work the line and they were notified yesterday of another week of downtime. Some are working on some details at the plant, but NO production will be going on.
OK, got it. Thank you.
Sponsored