Sponsored

flashing to stock, quick question

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
keeping this short, i flashed back to stock using my Ngauge but did it by selecting "tuning", "load tune", and in this menu selecting the tune labeled "stockfile". I see however that there is another option in the tuning menu "tuning", then "return to stock". The tune that comes up in this menu is labeled with the cars VIN. Is there any difference to these two tunes? Currently driving on stockfile and i cant tell a difference, certainly feels stock, but just asking to make sure. Tuners are all on holiday which is understandable.
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
keeping this short, i flashed back to stock using my Ngauge but did it by selecting "tuning", "load tune", and in this menu selecting the tune labeled "stockfile". I see however that there is another option in the tuning menu "tuning", then "return to stock". The tune that comes up in this menu is labeled with the cars VIN. Is there any difference to these two tunes? Currently driving on stockfile and i cant tell a difference, certainly feels stock, but just asking to make sure. Tuners are all on holiday which is understandable.
The VIN based one is the one that saves when you first flash your vehicle from your car. If you have another stock file, that one could have come from Emotion as they have the stock file tune readily available if there are issues with your current saved stock file. Both are the same.