Sponsored

Fixing smudged ceramic coating

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Thanks for the additional information, D, I knew you'd have the answer.

With that in mind, are the properties of commercial-grade ceramics responsible for creating a thicker, more protective layer or do they exist solely for pro shops who need to move quickly?
A bit of both.

The pro-only coatings have a higher content of their active ingredients, creating a more durable end result.

The faster flash times help with efficiency, something that could catch out the occasional/less experienced user.

And..............................there is also an element of salesmanship going on as well. The pro can offer you something that you can't just go buy and install yourself, creating a niche for themselves.
Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Therefive, short of having a bud in the business, I presume your average consumer cannot purchase said "commercial-grade" coatings, yes?
Correct.

You need to be a business, be approved and then attend the official training session to become "certified". Only then can you order these products from the distributor of those coatings. It's sort of a way of creating something unique for the professional to sell, but also safeguards the average consumer from buying something that they end up screwing up.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Thanks, D, I figured as much. NBD, I don't think the difference between the two is all that much. Heck, I have already obtained my money's worth after two and a half years and it's still hanging tough.
Sponsored