Fitment ?

Beachbum58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
I am upgrading an MY15 gt pp1 to gt350 brakes all around. I have the Brembos on the front so wheel clearance is ok. However, I would like to run the pp1 wheel I currently have on the rear. I will eventually be upgrading the wheel/tire combo but I just put on new as+3's and would like to use them for now. Can this be done? Also, I don't want to debate the merits of upgrading the brakes, as I already have them, just need to know if I can make this work. Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Beachbum58

Beachbum58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Anybody......is this thing on ???!!

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
I'd be more worried about the fronts fitting. The GT350 brakes are not the same as the PP brakes, you may need GT350 offsets.

OP
OP
Beachbum58

Beachbum58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Possible for sure. I am doing the whole conversion though. Spindle, hub, rotor, etc and I have not seen anybody with clearance issues in front. I was mostly worried about the rear, I know that the embrace assembly makes it about a 1/4 inch wider each side so I was thinking I would probably have to run a spacer to compensate for the extra width and different wheel offset. I hadn't considered the front. But wouldn't the diameter of the wheel be the same at 19. May have an offset issue in the front though.

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
I doubt the diameter is the only issue, I think the spokes might need different clearance.

OP
OP
Beachbum58

Beachbum58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Yes, agreed, that's why I was thinking about spacers to move it out to clear the back of the wheel. I was hoping that someone knew how much of a spacer it would take. I wouldn't want to be over 23mm as it puts to much stress on suspension components.
Sponsored