Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
They seem to be going for around ~90k, and that's basically brand new with only dealer miles on it. Not sure how he's planning on getting close to 100...

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
At best, I could only see the seller getting MSRP from the dealer. I doubt they gave more. The exterior is how I ordered my car so always nice to see more pics of it.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD

Attachments

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
LOL - so a “used” GT500 lists for $99,999:and original MSRP was only $80k... so is there now “used ADM” being applied to used Mustang Shelby’s? I certainly would not pay as much for anything used when new is still within reach for same dollars...

I understand the original selling price could have been MSRP+ADM, but to still ask close to $100k “used”?

Folks need to calm down and wait a few months, because Dealer lots will have unsold inventory and folks will be able to get better deals as the months pass. I don’t even know why anyone is willing to pay full MSRP PLUS ADM... that’s just silly “just because” or “gotta have it” emotional fix... only then to unload the car later down the road at a loss.

Even used values will be less as the months pass - save some $$$$.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
LOL - so a “used” GT500 lists for $99,999:and original MSRP was only $80k... so is there now “used ADM” being applied to used Mustang Shelby’s? I certainly would not pay as much for anything used when new is still within reach for same dollars...

I understand the original selling price could have been MSRP+ADM, but to still ask close to $100k “used”?

Folks need to calm down and wait a few months, because Dealer lots will have unsold inventory and folks will be able to get better deals as the months pass. I don’t even know why anyone is willing to pay full MSRP PLUS ADM... that’s just silly “just because” or “gotta have it” emotional fix... only then to unload the car later down the road at a loss.

Everything is going electric. I would bet that between that fact, plus a generation of those who are apethetic of muscle cars, at least gas powered ones anyway, will generate a substantial buying opportunity for those few enthusiasts left who would be in the market for these cars.

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)

The way ford is making these cars having physical possession of one is worth quite the premium. Sure you can get an "allocation" for cheaper but god knows when you'll actually get the car

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
brb making a new youtube video about this called: SOLD MY GT500?! YOU CAN BUY IT NOW or FIRST USED GT500 ON THE MARKET( YOU WONT BELIEVE THE PRICE)

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
The way ford is making these cars having physical possession of one is worth quite the premium. Sure you can get an "allocation" for cheaper but god knows when you'll actually get the car
I just can't wrap my head around why Ford is not building more GT 500s. It's one of the few Ford cars in the world that is in demand. There has to be atleast 10 thousand people who would be willing to pay msrp so why not supply demand? As a stock owner, I'm confused why they don't up the msrp or production if the demand is there. Instead they are letting the stealerships profit. I would think profit margins have to be huge on a 70k+ mustang!?

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
I just can't wrap my head around why Ford is not building more GT 500s. It's one of the few Ford cars in the world that is in demand. There has to be atleast 10 thousand people who would be willing to pay msrp so why not supply demand? As a stock owner, I'm confused why they don't up the msrp or production if the demand is there. Instead they are letting the stealerships profit. I would think profit margins have to be huge on a 70k+ mustang!?
Still low volume. It's perfectly reasonable to believe that this is not a money maker for them regardless of how high they price it or even if they made 2-3x as many.

By limiting production they are limiting the bleeding - the factory, people and capital can then go back to actual mass production (of SUVs) instead of hand building engines with close tolerances.

Sponsored

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
wow 10k buyers

if there really were trust us they would make it... some years that number already makes up 30% of TOTAL mustang volume so if they're are some untapped buyers Im sure Ford would love to meet them

trbstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
87 5.0 LX, 16 PP GT Premium
Interesting. That dealer is like 5 miles from my house. I might have to go check it out.

Also interesting is the fact it was sold by a small town dealer. There might not have been much of an ADM on it, so this price could possibly be more than it originally sold for. I know of a few dealers around Texas that were selling them for MSRP as a couple people in our local group bought theirs at MSRP.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
After the last few weeks of the stock market dumping and the pending economic downturn, I have a feeling that ADMs are going to go away faster than I previously thought.

cast1280

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pablo
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2018 Expedition Platinum, 2015 Fusion Titanium
I used to sell cars and I can tell you that if that indeed was a trade-in/purchase, that seller didn't get what he wanted. StangMode took his 2020 GT500 to Carmax to get an appraisal and btw, Carmax is a whole seller and their prices are usually very close to whole sell. They were no where close to MSRP. The offer was almost disrespectful... $65k. I'm almost certain that's how much that dealer purchased that vehicle for. It might also be that the vehicle was a demo where the GM/Owner drove the vehicle for a short amount of time. Regardless of the what situation it is, paying over MSRP for a vehicle, regardless of its exclusivity, especially used, is crazy. If that is what you want? By all means go for it, but don't justify your overspending by praising the vehicle and it's exclusivity. I own a 2018 GT350. I purchased with NO ADM and only paid $2k for an allocation, yet I still had them give me a $4500 service and warranty plan for $1500. It's all on the negotiation and when you purchase the vehicle.
Sponsored