LeoYasuo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
Hey y’all,

I will be ordering a ‘21 EcoBoost from by dealer, and I have a few confusions that I need some help clearing up.

This is a dumb question, but do you need to settle on a price before placing the deposit and ordering the car?

My dealer said they "don't really know what the car will cost." But if I order the car, I can "buy it for invoice." The MSRP is 35k and the invoice is at 33.5k. Is it a good deal?
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
No dumb questions here Leo. That’s why we are here!

This is a dumb question, but do you need to settle on a price before placing the deposit and ordering the car?
Yes, absolutely. Not doing so, in writing, puts all the power in the hands of the dealer.
My dealer said they "don't really know what the car will cost." But if I order the car, I can "buy it for invoice." The MSRP is 35k and the invoice is at 33.5k. Is it a good deal?
If they know what the MSRP is they know what the cost is. 2021‘s shouldn’t be different than 20’s. I think 10% off MSRP is a good starting point for a 21’ special order.

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
I ordered mine in early February, 2020. Got it for invoice, so I knew to the penny what I was getting (invoice + tax + fees + registration.).

The best part of ordering was I got the exact color and options I wanted instead of what some random dealer ordered “thinking “ what would sell.

paradigm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I ordered mine in early February, 2020. Got it for invoice, so I knew to the penny what I was getting (invoice + tax + fees + registration.).

The best part of ordering was I got the exact color and options I wanted instead of what some random dealer ordered “thinking “ what would sell.
How did you find out what the invoice was?

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48

Sponsored

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
By all means secure a price. I was able to also get a trade-in price guarantee with no time limit. The dealer nor myself could have never predicted the delays from Ford. The trade in value was decreasing each month. With out the guarantee's who knows what price changes could have occurred. Was also pleasantly surprised with an additional private client discount (750) at close.

Good luck hope you don't have to endure the production setbacks that I did. May want to ask the dealer about his allocation status.

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
How did you find out what the invoice was?
They ran a print out and i compared it against Edmunds. Looked legit to me. Now of course, you'll find folks here that get below invoice and so on. But for me to order the car exactly the way I wanted, invoice seemed good enough for me. Plus when it arrived I got 0% finance from Ford.
Sponsored