Sponsored

Finally getting back into the Mustang / first time ordering a car.

Purple 22 Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS Premium Mischievous Purple Metallic
Hello,

I just ordered a 22 Ecoboost Premium with PP in Mischievous Purple.

Dealer did tell me could take up to Six months so I am ready for the wait.

been trolling the forums for a few days so I expect that could be the case looks like a lot of folks are saying 12-16 weeks.

I had a 2001 V6 in True Blue and a 2010 V6 in Torch Red.
Been 10 years since I was draining a Mustang. I know I got a wait ahead of me. But it’s gonna be worth it.

D6C6A59C-7C71-4316-B458-82B54727BD0A.jpeg

BB30EB98-94B7-493F-89B9-85EEF9881BDB.png
Sponsored

cool592

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (Order)
we might be in for a long wait on an ecoboost vert, i even did some searches to see if any dealers have 2022 ecoboost convertibles. I was only able to find 6-7 using nationwide searches looks like they are not making many

OP
OP
Purple 22 Pony

Purple 22 Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
we might be in for a long wait on an ecoboost vert, i even did some searches to see if any dealers have 2022 ecoboost convertibles. I was only able to find 6-7 using nationwide searches looks like they are not making many
Thought about that but good things come to those who wait. I wanted to get a convertible way back when but I settled for the coupe because I was impatient. Not this time. I know some are waiting 6 months to get theirs and if that’s the case so be it. I can only hope that by some miracle they get it made sooner.

Sponsored

bombom_504

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2022 gt (coming)
mines gonna be mischievous purple as well!! and should be getting built this month…. keyword SHOULD!!!

1CE8AB26-9970-4E50-B564-E85D2AD4973B.png

OP
OP
Purple 22 Pony

Purple 22 Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
i ordered mines march 31st by the way
Dang lucky you. I know they are running convertibles at the end of the month. Hoping mine gets in somehow.

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
My EcoBoost Convertible ordered 2/28. Email this past Thursday that it is scheduled for production week of 7/25. 🤞🤞🤞. Only limited scheduling this past week so I lucked out.

OP
OP
Purple 22 Pony

Purple 22 Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I hoping mine gets in, but I know it probably won’t. It’s okay because I am going to spend the next x months trying to figure out what I need to do. I already picked out a spoiler and am going to get the clinched spider top. Plan on buying those and getting them painted so they can be installed right away and then off to get ceramic coated. Those should be the only real exterior changes.

Sponsored

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
I’m not spending any money on anything until the car arrives! Good luck!!! I hope we both get them!!!
I hoping mine gets in, but I know it probably won’t. It’s okay because I am going to spend the next x months trying to figure out what I need to do. I already picked out a spoiler and am going to get the clinched spider top. Plan on buying those and getting them painted so they can be installed right away and then off to get ceramic coated. Those should be the only real exterior changes.

Last edited:

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
2022 convertibles were allocated to the rental fleets first and then will be in production later this year for individuals and dealerships. I found out as the last 2 trips I took earlier this year I rented convertibles and both were 2022 ecos, one silver and one red. Started asking the dealers what was up with that since hardly anyone has any 2022 verts for sale and they said that the first 2022 verts were prioritizing fleet markets.

cool592

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (Order)
Customer orders should come ahead of fleet orders - I believe customers pay more than fleet anyways. It doesnt matter to me anymore since I cancelled my order. I am going to wait for the S650. Good Luck to everyone on their orders!

OP
OP
Purple 22 Pony

Purple 22 Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2022 convertibles were allocated to the rental fleets first and then will be in production later this year for individuals and dealerships. I found out as the last 2 trips I took earlier this year I rented convertibles and both were 2022 ecos, one silver and one red. Started asking the dealers what was up with that since hardly anyone has any 2022 verts for sale and they said that the first 2022 verts were prioritizing fleet markets.
Since Wingnutzz has a build date I am hoping that they are done with Fleet cars. I have to get a 22 as there is no way to know if there will be a purple in 23 or in the S650.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Customer orders should come ahead of fleet orders - I believe customers pay more than fleet anyways. It doesnt matter to me anymore since I cancelled my order. I am going to wait for the S650. Good Luck to everyone on their orders!
I don't blame you for canceling! It is a bit ridiculous. I think from a business perspective there is definitely more profit margin on customer orders but rental fleets order multiple cars at a time with similar specs, ultimately reducing production costs. So while there might be less profit per car, Ford would definitely come out ahead prioritizing the fleets... even though this is making us fanboys crazy that we cannot play with the new verts.
Sponsored