Sponsored

First stoplight kill with the RAV4 Hybrid

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Mustang had the day off today so we took my wife’s AWD penalty box to the store and did our shopping.

Afterwards, there was a 2018ish Duramax Chevy all over my goddamn bumper on the way out of the Target parking lot. I never drive unusually slow (even in that thing) so I could not figure out what this guy’s problem was. It was bordering on psychotic but I didn’t pay much attention...nothing you can do about it anyway, and just drove normally... until the guy aggressively whipped out to the right hand lane where the road splits at the first traffic light.

Don’t get me wrong. The RAV4 is one of the least engaging anti-performance vehicles I’ve ever driven. but it’s a lot quicker than you’d ever guess, especially from 0-30 or so.

So I was about to take a left onto the highway 1/8 mile after the light... so either I’d blow his doors off and leave the scene before he road rages...or I would blow his doors off and avoid getting creamed as this clown tries to cut me off to get back to the left lane ahead of me. Either way, it was time to tap into those electrons and get this done.

Light turns green, Rav digs in and squirts out, the Duramax was WOT and howling! We pulled about five car lengths ahead...He was just starting to gain on me when he had to slam on the breaks...to get onto the highway. What a moron!!

I drove normally up the ramp and let him go with a big friendly thumbs up as he roared by.

As soon as he zoomed past us,, I figured it out. He had the “opposing” political bumper sticker on his truck to the one that was on the Rav and was triggered!!! LOL! What a douche.

I love that he got spanked by a RAV4 hybrid. I laughed for about ten minutes over that but I surreee can’t wait until people are civil to each other again.

I bet he didn’t tell his buddies about that one.
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The hybrid RAV4 has 200 horsepower, if memory serves. And its eCVT is extremely good at putting as many of those horses on the road as possible. It may look like a housewife's shopping trolley, but underneath that ugly suit there's a very fine car.