1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
The only "special" tool required is a torque wrench. This is why 98.5% of GT350 owners change their own oil.
Should I start a poll on how many GT350 owners have a torque wrench for the oil filter and drain plug? LOL

I wrench on my car too, but do not own a torque wrench. Maybe for the Viper I will.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
This dealership did not have an oil filter wrench and/or a torque wrench?:doh:
The tool they were missing was a technician who knew that you must torque the oil filter. Although I would submit he sure sounds like a tool :D

OP
OP
JZTRK

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
One of my initial request was to keep 5 of the 10 empty qts and made sure it was 5/50 and yes it is 16-18ft lbs not in/lbs it was late when I wrote the post

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Should I start a poll on how many GT350 owners have a torque wrench for the oil filter and drain plug? LOL

I wrench on my car too, but do not own a torque wrench. Maybe for the Viper I will.
Seriously! I own 4, ft and inch lbs various ranges

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
This is the quality I expect from Ford unfortunately. How they can build such an awesome car and then fall completely on their faces when it comes to customer service is beyond me.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
...takes a special tool that we don't have but we have ordered it
I got my "special tool" on Amazon Prime... next day shipping. Wonder where they ordered theirs from. :doh:

I notice you're in Stockton. Which dealer is this so we know to stay away.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Once upon a time, in order to sell any SVT related you had to have a certified Tech that specifically went to their training courses. And even then, only they could do the work on the cars.

Your average trained Ford Tech's are actually pretty good at their job. The problem is when specialty cars arrive and they have no formal training or experience with them. While I know everyone thinks Tech's have time to play video games and eat popcorn while making 100k a year, they don't. Most of them bust ass 7-7 every day and don't always make 40 hours. In truth, you're mostly challenged to find one that cares about what they do. So while I totally sympathize and understand your frustration and agree you're in the right to be upset, chewing the tech apart isn't fair either. He gets dispatched your work order. He just happened to be the one to do it.

Sponsored

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Sorry this happened...

For some reason I have a feeling this will be my first service experience as well given the caliber of dealerships in my area

OP
OP
JZTRK

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
Big valley ford I will say that any time ive had an issue thay have taken care of it. Like when my new 2015 F150 showed up it had rusty door handles and a bare sopt on the front fender with no paint thay took care of it

Rainier42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350R
Special tool?!? They don't have a torque wrench and a cap style filter wrench???

Ashiq73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6 Speed Magnetic Metallic
This is so unbelievable. First, I am glad and hope nothing major went wrong with your car.

I just don't understand how the service rep did not know what kind of Mustang came in to her service department. It's not like you took your car to some random shop, you took it to Ford. Anyone working in the service department should know what car they are looking at.

Also, the Tech, how did he not know what car he is working on. I can understand if he never actually trained or touched a GT350 before but if he does not know what he is working on, then he shouldn't be touching the car.

And all of this especially after you pointed out to the Service Rep. that you wanted to make sure that who ever touches your car knows what they are doing.

It makes me so angry when they just say, yeah yeah don't worry and then go screw up the vehicle.

Damn, I feel your pain.

Hope all is good.

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
Yet another in the countless examples of why you shouldn't let a dealer service department do even the simplest things to your car (unless you have to, e.g. recalls) Sorry to hear you went through this.
Sponsored