Sponsored

First mods ordered! I'm soooooo happyyyy

Miami EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue EB 200A + Nav
So Misty hasn't even hit 1k miles yet and I went ahead and ordered the mishimoto black IC and the FP pro cal tune w/ GT350 intake! I know this isn't anything too crazy but I'm super stoked! I'm wondering, for the tune to be verified through Ford and to maintain warranty, if it MUST be done by a Ford dealer. If this is the case does anyone know someone decent in the South Florida area? I live in Miami (in case that wasn't obvious lol) so I was hoping for someome reputable and local who is an authorized installer. I may want to get this all done at the same time if it makes sense.

Thanks! :)
Sponsored

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato
When you get the tune it will say in small print "authorized installer" and then list "ASE Cert Tech" as an authorized installer. I just had my neighbor w me while I installed it and he wrote me up a bill of installation w his ASE number. Prob what most guys end up doing anyway.

I am curious how you put the GT350 intake on an Ecoboost though

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
Let the modification bug set in , and boost is like a drug never enough almost always one more hit.. lol.

I'm heavy moded and there always some edge I'm looking for when I hit
400 whp and 400 torque I'm done with stock block 28,762 mile all done .

OP
OP

Miami EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you get the tune it will say in small print "authorized installer" and then list "ASE Cert Tech" as an authorized installer. I just had my neighbor w me while I installed it and he wrote me up a bill of installation w his ASE number. Prob what most guys end up doing anyway.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-pe...ith-calibration-ecoboost-2015-2017/p/M9603M4/

According to the video there are a few simple cuts and a hole to be drilled to make this fit properly.

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato
https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-pe...ith-calibration-ecoboost-2015-2017/p/M9603M4/

According to the video there are a few simple cuts and a hole to be drilled to make this fit properly.
Ahhhh....I was thinking about the Intake Manifold not the Air Intake. Apologies. I wasn't trying to come off as a jerk.

Also Holy Cow these numbers!!! :eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge:
2015-2017 Mustang EcoBoost Power Gains:
- Peak Gains of 30hp and 70lbs/ft at Approximately 5500rpm
- 40hp and 60lbs/ft Average Gain from 2500-5000rpm
- 75hp and 64lbs/ft Average Gain from 5500-6800rpm
- 100hp Maximum Gain at Approximately 6000rpm

Sponsored

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
With an intercooler those numbers will likely be higher after 5500 rpm. Peak numbers maybe more too.
Thelion dynoed his car with an extra 20 wheel horses with a intercooler but that's also with the lower gearing. You will feel a big difference and it will feel like a new car even after only 1k.

FYI those are old numbers.ford performance updated their numbers to 25bhp peak at 5500 and the torque of 70lbs at 4200k rpm

OP
OP

Miami EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

You're right it does say an ASE mechanic is acceptable to be able to register the car for the warranty. Good to know! Now I just need to find someone in South Florida to do this for me. Hmmmmm...

LuckyJerk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang AT
So Misty hasn't even hit 1k miles yet and I went ahead and ordered the mishimoto black IC and the FP pro cal tune w/ GT350 intake! I know this isn't anything too crazy but I'm super stoked! I'm wondering, for the tune to be verified through Ford and to maintain warranty, if it MUST be done by a Ford dealer. If this is the case does anyone know someone decent in the South Florida area? I live in Miami (in case that wasn't obvious lol) so I was hoping for someome reputable and local who is an authorized installer. I may want to get this all done at the same time if it makes sense.

Thanks! :)
Congrats!!
I have the same set up with the FP Tune and the Mishimoto intercooler. You wont be disappointed!

theadamjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Eco Magnetic
Congrats! I literally just ordered the same setup as well, I'm at 1100 miles. Congrats on the new car!

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Let the modification bug set in , and boost is like a drug never enough almost always one more hit.. lol.

I'm heavy moded and there always some edge I'm looking for when I hit
400 whp and 400 torque I'm done with stock block 28,762 mile all done .
Truer words have never been spoken.
I am at ~400whp and it's amazing, but am now jones-ing for more

I have the money for a built block and Aux fuel in the bank but the wife would kill me, I managed to sneak the VS2 by her without her noticing lol.
I am also at ~28k miles, tuned since day 1/

Sponsored

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
Truer words have never been spoken.
I am at ~400whp and it's amazing, but am now jones-ing for more

I have the money for a built block and Aux fuel in the bank but the wife would kill me, I managed to sneak the VS2 by her without her noticing lol.
I am also at ~28k miles, tuned since day 1/
do it ,,,,DO IT ... more power MOREPOWEER . LOL :ford:

funny aside it is a blast I was out last night here in Washington were the temps were in the fifty's and did some cool air pulls and 0 to 60 times amazing little 4 pot if you ask me.. best time a had was 4.8 seconds with traction control and track mode , and when I pulled out of my track area someone in a evo x pulled next to me and I walk away from him too glad I was moded and tuned on e30.:first:

OP
OP

Miami EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered the MBRP Race Catback setup! Gonna try to get this all installed over the weekend :)

offcamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT - Premium/PP
I ordered the MBRP Race Catback setup! Gonna try to get this all installed over the weekend :)
I made the same choice. I enjoy the heck out of mine and I trust you will too. I did the install by myself.

OP
OP

Miami EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm gonna do it all myself and just have the FP tune done at MAK in Hialeah. I have a friend who knows one of the techs there. Planning on installing everything Sunday and getting the tune done ASAP.
Sponsored