Sponsored

First GT350R Mustangs spotted on the line

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
Arent these cars still in the preproduction phase, that would account for minute discrepancies like exhaust tips... et al.
Sponsored

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
The CR9's on the "R" are a CFRP....to be exact. A Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer.

In a nutshell a space aged plastic.

I'm excited that the inherent properties of the wheel by its vary nature already exceeds all the OEM standards. I wonder however if there will be a drop off with the integrity based on the extremes of cold and hot. Which is likely why they did a lot of endurance testing under different climate conditions in the labs.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
The CR9's on the "R" are a CFRP....to be exact. A Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer.

In a nutshell a space aged plastic.

I'm excited that the inherent properties of the wheel by its vary nature already exceeds all the OEM standards. I wonder however if there will be a drop off with the integrity based on the extremes of cold and hot. Which is likely why they did a lot of endurance testing under different climate conditions in the labs.
CR9's are Carbon Revolutions 9 spoke...so I guss you would call them CR7's.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
CR9's are Carbon Revolutions 9 spoke...so I guss you would call them CR7's.

I think so.... The concept for the fabrication still applies... Which is basically a compression molding process. I would think as the wheel diameter increases beyond 19 inches you would need more spokes. Also the thickness of the spokes could possibly be a customization for the OEM Spec wheel. Differentiating between the aftermarket style wheel. My guess anyways.

Last edited:

Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
The Aluminum sub-frame Raptor is just the tip of the iceberg.
Wait What? Not to derail the thread.

Where did you see this?

It has an aluminum intensive body structure.

Everything I have seen show ans evolution of the previous with more use of High Strength Steel, revised cross member height, and reinforced bump stop area. I am actually looking at just the frame of a 2015 truck right now.

jeremygnaz

ford fanatic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2011 ford fusion sport white
Randy..Im not sure but I heard that the reason the liquid blue can not be used is it required 3-4 passes with paint gun to cover the car...But Im with you on Liquid blue love it !!, howevwer the DIP is too dark for me...the white is too white (not Wimbledon ) etc.. I am a little disappointed in the color choices this year....:(
I don't really see why that would be a problem to produce the liquid blue. The triple yellow has 3 passes to make it that yellow. So I wouldn't think that that it would be a problem to have 3-4 passes. I would probably expect a paint upcharge if they did offer it though since I will most likely be on a limited number of vehicles, and especially if they did have to do 4 passes.

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
I don't really see why that would be a problem to produce the liquid blue. The triple yellow has 3 passes to make it that yellow. So I wouldn't think that that it would be a problem to have 3-4 passes. I would probably expect a paint upcharge if they did offer it though since I will most likely be on a limited number of vehicles, and especially if they did have to do 4 passes.
I really think that they are going to offer it. What would the point be to show all of the Ford Performance vehicles in this color and not offer it? They want to hype it up by saying that they're not going to offer it, or they're gauging interest etc. It's foreplay. It may be a $1K option or even more if they do offer it imo. Same as not revealing how much the car will be, options and specs. It's all foreplay.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Damn that's a lot fender gap, not a good sign for the production vehicle?

Sponsored

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
The T-Yellow is different than the Liquid blue, from what I understand the T-Yellow has 1 pass with color, 1 pass with "pearl in a clear coat", and 1 pass with just a clear, and the Liquid blue is a Metal flake, and not a pearl. Correct me if I'm wrong, and the Liquid blues must have a few steps (total custom) I'm not familiar with to make it and NON opt. color. However..I'm with you I love the color and it would be my hands down choice for ordering...as it stands now, I'm choosing T-Yellow:shrug:

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
We are still many months away from full production.
No doubt, it's interesting though how mfg's will often debut cars at auto shows that have that almost perfect stance and then the production vehicles hit the dealerships and it's like wow. Son-in-law's 09' GT500 has that same look^.

ncford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Liquid blue is sprayed in 3 different directions at the same time. You can't paint like that with a robot.