Sponsored

First EU Mustang arrived at a dealer (germany)

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
I only ordered one as my dealer said end May/early June delivery. That way i could enjoy the Mustang through the summer. Now i can't as it will be at least August before delivery and not much left of the actual summer.

I get really cheesed off by all the delays and false promises.....not my dealer's fault though.

Don't want to imagine how the customers of the convertible cars feels like as they will probably not see their cars until September or even later. Just in time for winter tyres, rain and bad weather.

Thank you Ford!
Well, kinda looks like your dealer's fault. When I was discussing my order in February, my dealer already knew that delivery will take place in July/August.
Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Well, kinda looks like your dealer's fault. When I was discussing my order in February, my dealer already knew that delivery will take place in July/August.
If your Dealer has mustangs on his lot, it is his fault, either through negligence (didn't bother to send an agent to the port to get delivery on his terms) or most likely greed (Profit margins are smaller on a car Directly ordered from Ford and didn't spend more money on a car being shipped and paid for)

Go ahead and ask him why he has those non ordered, more expensive cars on the lot and see what he says and report it back here. I am interested.

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
I explained why the dealer lot mustangs are more expensive and why they got here faster.

Look there a few people i know at K-line when i was working logistics that owe me their jobs, (remind me some time and I'll tell you the story) If they still work there I can maybe get you some answers. I can't do anything to get your cars here faster.

If you want to give me your vins I'll do what I can, You have no idea who I am so if you aren't comfortable don't worry It's just less work for me.

Thank You Glenn.

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
If your Dealer has mustangs on his lot, it is his fault, either through negligence (didn't bother to send an agent to the port to get delivery on his terms) or most likely greed (Profit margins are smaller on a car Directly ordered from Ford and didn't spend more money on a car being shipped and paid for)

Go ahead and ask him why he has those non ordered, more expensive cars on the lot and see what he says and report it back here. I am interested.
My dealer doesn't have cars on the lot for free sale. Those photos I've posted were preordered customer's cars, going through inspections getting ready to pick up. There are some dealers with cars on lot in Germany / Belgium tho, at least they say so on DE forum.

Ace is pretty active there as far as I know. I only use Google Translate, so maybe he can give us some insights.

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
My dealer has been telling me from the day I ordered on Feb 3rd, not to expect the car before late August/early September. This was not the date issued by Ford, but that was his own estimation based on their dates and "Knowing Ford ...". Seems he's going to be absolutely right.

Sponsored

vieirinha33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
André
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Race Red
same situation here than Lord Thunder. My dealer also said on my order date that I should expect end this year, begin of 2016. Since there was not much cars for Switzerland (he said). Now it's mid August, so I'm happy.
I think the dealers were too optimistic and promised something what they just cannot keep. And now customers that have planned stuff (hollidays or mustang meets) with the new mustangs are frustrated.

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
Our dealers in Slovakia were honest as well. Waiting time 9-18 months, first cars will be delivered in January.

bkapust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Ruby Red
I think the dealers were too optimistic and promised something what they just cannot keep. And now customers that have planned stuff (hollidays or mustang meets) with the new mustangs are frustrated.
i'm frustrated becouse i do not understand what is taking so long - there is no information, and everything is taking so much time... if i would buy Mustang and US and import it to EU it wolud be done in 30 days!

and even more frustrated that if i finally get my Mustang i will not get what i hoped for - for expample "tri bar lights" or "pp gauges" ;/

i'm not happy with Ford eu/pl customer service and it is my last Ford i ever buy (i had Sierra, Fiesta, Mondeo and Focus)...

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
i'm frustrated becouse i do not understand what is taking so long - there is no information, and everything is taking so much time... if i would buy Mustang and US and import it to EU it wolud be done in 30 days!

and even more frustrated that if i finally get my Mustang i will not get what i hoped for - for expample "tri bar lights" or "pp gauges" ;/

i'm not happy with Ford eu/pl customer service and it is my last Ford i ever buy (i had Sierra, Fiesta, Mondeo and Focus)...
Sorry, but this is what you get when you basically 'pre-order' a brand new car that was not final when you ordered it (there were a gazillion disclaimers everywhere). It simply takes time to get the production and all the delivery machinery going. We're experiencing exactly what the people in the US were going trough last year. It's the price you pay for wanting to be the first to have one.

If you wanted a quicker delivery and a beforehand known spec, you should have waited with ordering until next year. :shrug:

Sponsored

bkapust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Ruby Red
Sorry but you do not have any idea what informations i recived while i was ordering my car. But i did get delivery date in my agreement. :-)

stanglex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If you wanted a quicker delivery and a beforehand known spec, you should have waited with ordering until next year. :shrug:
Sorry but Ford and Ford dealers should know the product which offering for sale. Maybe Ford should wait to next year with sale? Ford took our money as a deposit. Somebody must pay for the delay and specifications incompatibility. Pacta sunt servanda.

btw: When Apple starts to sell theirs computers or phones every consumer knows the specification and delivery date.

mateo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertible Magnetic Premium (MY2016)
Sorry but Ford and Ford dealers should know the product which offering for sale. Maybe Ford should wait to next year with sale? Ford took our money as a deposit. Somebody must pay for the delay and specifications incompatibility.
Is there any feature specified in your contract that is missing in the EU spec car?

Mateo

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I, for one, am glad that Ford were prepared to take orders/reservations for the vehicles before they were in showrooms at dealers. It gave me the opportunity to reserve one without having to fight the masses who had never wanted a Mustang until they saw it in the flesh. If anyone at Ford was aware of the flak they're taking for this however they may think twice in future.

I have a delivery date of mid-November but based on you guys' experiences I'm not really expecting to see it then, although we may be surprised in the UK with our RHD configuration.

I'm pretty sure if anyone is really unhappy with their situation their dealer probably has plenty of buyers in reserve prepared to take their place in line for a first batch car.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
I'm with you Steve.....I ordered in Feb, and knew it was going to be a long wait with little information.....but that just makes it more exciting.....Plus it gave me plenty of time to sell my old car, get some stuff sorted and put funds in place for the big day...

I'm now just sitting on my cash looking forward to the day I can hand it over, and drive home in my new Mustang....:headbang::headbonk:
Sponsored