Sponsored

First EU Mustang arrived at a dealer (germany)

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
as Ace said, our dealers didn't order those car itself but through Ford Europe. So it's Ford Europe that had choosen the transportation type and fees. And probably is again Ford Europe that set the prices in euro countries.
Sponsored

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
I ordered in March i will not get the car until August (if i am lucky!).

Ordering as a overseas based US personnel its totally different compared to us, humble, EU customers. A friend of mine (a major in the US army) was stationed in Germany and bought more than one new car from the US and have explained in detail how it works.

For us EU customers its either Ford Europe or most likely Ford US who handles all the shipping. Ownership of the car is probably changing as the car enters the ship though but saying that, it would in such case be in the interest of Ford US to get them loaded and gone asap in order to get paid! But perhaps they dont care whatsoever?!

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
FORD has a contract, they have as much say on which ships cars go on as you do about what truck your mail goes out on. Breaking that contract would be really expensive. I know like I said we had the bulk contract with Kline before and were not happy, but we couldn't do shit until the contract ran out and we upgraded it a year later.

I don't work at Ford so I don't know when that contract expires, but I garantee you there is somebody there with my old job who'se life is hell right now with people chewing his ass out over where their shipments are because of a contract signed before he started working there. I smashed my phone and threw it out of the window before and threatened to quit a few times. People cannot accept that there if F**K - all you can do.
I'll give you the advice I started giving people who wouldn't leave me alone. Get your Documents, Get on a plane, Find your car and take delivery. Then go do a single car shipping contract. your car will then be on the very next boat as you are class 1. However if you are not willing to do it, for $3k-$5k just enjoy the fact that you only paid about $1.5k for shipping.

as for price, thank your countries for that,
All EU Ecoboost Mustangs(26K) are Premium (+3K) Perfomance Package (+2K)
For Germany you have 19% MwSt(VAT for non Germans) (+$6K) and 10% Zoll (import duty)=+($3.1 k) for a grand total of 26+3+2+6+3 $40k USD before shipping so at 37k euro you are getting a good exchange rate. Don't blame FORD for your Government raping it's Citizens for 30% of the value. BMWs and Mercedes are cheaper in the US than Europe too.

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
Why are you still speculating and fabulating about orders, priority, vessels, etc. I don't get it. You have no proper info at all. For sakes, just wait till your VISTA date and then, if nothing comes, you can rage.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Sorry for the rant.

I totally understand your situation and sympathize with you. I feel your pain! mine sat at Baltimore since the from the 28th of June until the 18th of July

But having done this job for 6 years it still drives me nuts when people complain about things and blindly blaming the wrong people without actually knowing what they are talking about.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Delivering a car is not science. If Ford is not able to check if their contract is able to ship the cars it's their Problem and noone else is to blame.

They took a year to start shipping Stangs to Europe, so what have they done in their planning phase? Make clear your produced amount X will be shipped in time should been one of the most important parts.

Never saw such a huge problem on other cars. Friend of mine ordered a MX5 which was Build in Asia and it took just 3 month from ordering to drive off the dealer with it.

They are selling 40k€ cars here, not some 10k€ citycar, you usally dont want to frustrate your customers in that target audience

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
Well in all honesty i also can not really understand (and will never know of course) what are holding up our cars for such a long time. I mean, Ace's car was built in April, mine in early May and we have absolutely no idea when to expect them. I know that VISTA says one thing but there is simply no logic at all. Proven with the fact that some people in Germany who ordered their cars in May already drive them....and from what i gather, no CL cars have been delivered and they should be first.

I considered different options or colours being one reason. But that doesn't hold water as several dealers have taken delivery of cars with everything and more or less all colours. However, race red and magnetic seems to be the most delivered colour by far. After that comes black.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I also ordered a new car. Having it standing somewhere for half a year until delivery is not really a new car to me!

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Delivering a car is not science. If Ford is not able to check if their contract is able to ship the cars it's their Problem and noone else is to blame.

They took a year to start shipping Stangs to Europe, so what have they done in their planning phase? Make clear your produced amount X will be shipped in time should been one of the most important parts.

Never saw such a huge problem on other cars. Friend of mine ordered a MX5 which was Build in Asia and it took just 3 month from ordering to drive off the dealer with it.

They are selling 40k€ cars here, not some 10k€ citycar, you usally dont want to frustrate your customers in that target audience
We had Zero problems shipping to Asia as well, Asia to US is harder but Asia to Europe is a breeze, the worst thing is the transit time. Never took me more than a day or two to get a soldier's car on a boat when it was at the port and we had a bulk contract.

FORD'S Contract is able to ship cars to Europe if it wasn't K line would be in breach of contract, these contracts are done normally in five year blocks but I have seen 10 years as well. Which means Ford probably signed it before they even finalized the design of the new mustang in late 2012. Using another company would be a breach of contract. You guys are simply screwed because it's summer time.and high shipping season for cars.

I also wonder how many mustangs ford will sell in Europe, maybe 15-20 thousand? renegotiating the contract would probably cost more than the combined profit of 50,000 cars. It would be like buying a brand new $5000 oven to use at a bake sale.

If the demand takes off and exceeds 100,000 I can see them doing something but when your combined demand is going to be smaller than most States, I don't see it happening. You guys are a test case and the first time a mass market American sports car has gone global and you have to accept that when you are the first, there will be problems. if you can name a sub $50 car sold in Europe but made in the US I would like to know what it is. All the Cheap stuff is manufactured in the EU to save on taxes and shipping.

Not to be Mean but why don't you cancel your order and buy one off the lot?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Ford raised the price of the car here so Im not able to switch to another car without paying a lot more than for my ordered car

Ford said somewhere that they want to sell 8000 EU Mustangs per year, yet they are not able to ship hundreds of them. The Lot in Baltimore must be full of Mustangs right now.

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
And how the hell do you know that Ford has any problems with shipping? They didn't miss a thing yet. Hundreds of cars are in Europe already. You can blame them after missing your delivery, but these theories and "insider" fabulations are ridiculous.

Mike Delo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP European specs
My dealer reply to me.
My car has been delayed to mid semptember.
The things that made us worried or angry are that we're constantly delayed and this is a fact and that our cars are ready and built from months (in an arbour, with marine weather, under the sun, in full summer).
I'm worried, not angry yet, my edd was end of august and now I've to wait 2-3 more weeks...but I can understand why someone is angry, because most of our cars are ready since months and not able to reach us.
One last thing, Ford delayed many deliveries now with already built cars, nothing exclude a new delay, maybe in october as the factory and ford service says, and this could be a huge problem for many of us!

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
I only ordered one as my dealer said end May/early June delivery. That way i could enjoy the Mustang through the summer. Now i can't as it will be at least August before delivery and not much left of the actual summer.

I get really cheesed off by all the delays and false promises.....not my dealer's fault though.

Don't want to imagine how the customers of the convertible cars feels like as they will probably not see their cars until September or even later. Just in time for winter tyres, rain and bad weather.

Thank you Ford!

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Ford raised the price of the car here so Im not able to switch to another car without paying a lot more than for my ordered car

Ford said somewhere that they want to sell 8000 EU Mustangs per year, yet they are not able to ship hundreds of them. The Lot in Baltimore must be full of Mustangs right now.
I explained why the dealer lot mustangs are more expensive and why they got here faster.

I only ordered one as my dealer said end May/early June delivery. That way i could enjoy the Mustang through the summer. Now i can't as it will be at least August before delivery and not much left of the actual summer.

I get really cheesed off by all the delays and false promises.....not my dealer's fault though.

Don't want to imagine how the customers of the convertible cars feels like as they will probably not see their cars until September or even later. Just in time for winter tyres, rain and bad weather.

Thank you Ford!
Look there a few people i know at K-line when i was working logistics that owe me their jobs, (remind me some time and I'll tell you the story) If they still work there I can maybe get you some answers. I can't do anything to get your cars here faster.

If you want to give me your vins I'll do what I can, You have no idea who I am so if you aren't comfortable don't worry It's just less work for me.
Sponsored