Sponsored

First Drive Spring 2021- No A/C

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Ok, so as the title says, no A/C. I keep staring at the controls as if I'm going to find I have them set wrong, but alas, I don't think I do.

I think the consensus here for hot A/C has been the compressor. Do I need to get it checke out or should I get one on the way from Autonation White Bear Lake?
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Ok, so as the title says, no A/C. I keep staring at the controls as if I'm going to find I have them set wrong, but alas, I don't think I do.

I think the consensus here for hot A/C has been the compressor. Do I need to get it checke out or should I get one on the way from Autonation White Bear Lake?
Hello; Some depends on how much you know about the AC unit in your car. When you say no AC does the compressor cycle at all? Have you checked any fuses? Are the electrical fittings plugged in properly? There are a number of reasons the AC can fail.
I am going to make a guess that the car may not have been driven for a few months. I have a friend who allows vehicles to sit for long periods and eventually his AC will lose a charge. The AC needs to be run a couple times a month.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
In fact, it's been such a large problem, you should request they cover it under warranty. My 16 R had the evap core fail, like many others and they went on to replace the compressor on the save visit.
Sponsored