StangBANG

Patience; long suffering.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
15 Magnetic GT. Performance Pack Premium Redline
With the nokian hakkapeliitta r tires I felt very safe driving in pretty nasty conditions. . Granted there was not much accumulated on the roads but there was quite a bit of ice.
snow and wet mode the car was quite confident and didn't make me white knuckle at all .. true test will be when there is several inches to navigate. I feel like with some common sense and these tires I'm gonna be just fine in the nj winter.. now if I can just avoid that spawn of Satan rock salt I'll be all good....so far very impressed.
Sponsored

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
I'm really hoping this year's winter is nothing like last. Not fun.

katarn22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White EcoBoost Premium Mustang
I ordered Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2's, and I also happen to live in Jersey. Can't wait to try them out once I have my car.

humster21

Black Mustang Lover
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
15 Black EB Premium w/PP
The roads were slushy, but snow mode + summer tires did ok

OP
OP
StangBANG

StangBANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
So far Nokians are the sh#t

Sponsored

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
I am looking for the same tires. Already snow on the ground here in CT and I am driving around on summer tires. Need 255/40R19s all around so far not sure where to get them.

Glad to here you like them. This is my first RWD car and I live on a pretty steep hill.

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
Hey Dean did you have to tackle any hills in the bad stuff?

elohel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
minivan
In case anyone wants to know, I found the best prices for Nokians on ebay. Of course, this was a year ago, so things may have changed. Those tires are fcking awesome, though.

OP
OP
StangBANG

StangBANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
Yes I have a square set up of 255/40/19

I found them brand new for 800 shipped on ebay.which is an incredible deal. If your interested I will find the link to the seller.
yes I was on a hill but like I said there was more ice/slush so the verdict is still out on that but I feel they will do fine. All smiles so far.

Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Drove to northern wisconsin yesterday snow storm and frost. Winter tires make a huge difference, i recommend to anyone for safe winter driving. I drove through steep hill with ice and snow on second gear it didnt even slip once. I even stopped on a hill and took off with hill start and first gear just amazing. Kudos to snow mode and Blizzack LM 32's.

usa1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I've been impressed with the snow/ice performance of the base 18" GT all season tires. I had a dedicated set of snow tires on my previous car, a Pontiac G8 GT, and the ones on the Mustang are going well so far. I may not get winter tires. I had a 2003 Mustang GT with summer only tires and took it out ONCE in the snow. Bad idea.

Airflow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus
StangBANG, living in CT I deal with similar winter road conditions to what you have in Jersey. I searched your posts, but didn't see a full write up yet. Could you share your thoughts on how the Nokians handled the recent snow? Specifically, how was the traction up steep hills? Thanks!

elfiero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium, 401A, silver, ebony, A/T
I put a set of four Goodyear Eagle ultragrip's on the little woman's car before it left the stealership. She is very happy with the grip- both accelerating and braking. She say's this V8 monster has better winter manners than the Accord coupe v6 she traded in! I bought a brand new set of take-off's for summer use, so now the inevitable winter wheel corrosion isn't going to be an issue:)

ronontop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
black out
Hey Dean how has the car been holding up with the weather we had a couple weeks ago? Thanks
Sponsored