svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
Thanks...sounds like a win-win given its low price. I'm especially intrigued that you mention it has increased steering response.

This tire is sold as a Bridgestone Potenza RE003 in other parts of the world btw.

I think they are basically a rebranded re003. the compound might be different
Sponsored

Pale Rider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 400A
keep us posted on track use
Great day at the track on Monday :headbang:

The Indy 500's were great at holding the GT through all the curves. I will admit that I left the nannies on because I had heard of people losing control on this track. Even with the tires screaming through corners 5 & 9 the car was stable and the tires held really good.

There was an oil spill later in the day at corner 8. The track officials did put down quick dry and I thought that the tires might not react well on quick dry stuff, but again the tires surprised me and I felt like I was on rails.

If you like the tread pattern and price...GO FOR IT! :thumbsup:

Note: As usual always warm up your tires before doing hard corning. These tires do break lose early in the morning when cold, but once warmed up they stick.

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
Do they audibly warn you before they begin to break loose? Some screeching at the limit, or are they quiet?

Pale Rider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 400A
Do they audibly warn you before they begin to break loose? Some screeching at the limit, or are they quiet?
Yes they screech at the limit. During the track day the tires never broke lose. I was running the tires at 40 psi all four corners (255 40-19 all corners)

Cold in the morning is different. Usually I make a right hand turn down the street to get on the main road and if I get a little hard on the gas I can feel the tires slip but no sound.

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
I always prefer that audible screech to happen gradually too. I've had tires that give no indication and then bam...grip is gone. Scary.

Sponsored

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
Think this is the tire I'm going to try on my new wheels. I was going to go with an all season but I think I'm going to use my factory wheels for the winter anyway with all the salt they put down.

DUNDEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base EB PP
Thanks for he reviews. I'll get these next time and test. Anyone got any opinion on the sidewall? How stiff compared to other tires.