Finally Got To The Track

biscuit60177

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Having had the car since April it's pretty hard to imagine I haven't taken the time to get to the dragstrip. A buddy of mine wanted to run his Tesla so I decided to go up there with him but we had a clear understanding I wouldn't race him as I didn't want any more videos of a Plaid destroying a GT500.

Got in 3 runs (Plus 2 in the Plaid) before we called it. The weather wasn't great, I think the DA was over 2500 which is high for the area this time of year but we plan to go back again next month. Hopefully, it will be much cooler and less humid. The car was 100% the way I picked it up in April, didn't even lower tire pressure since I forgot my gauge so I ran them at like 34 PSI and about 1/2-3/4 tank of gas, only "Mod" is window tint.

The water box at Great Lakes Dragaway, in this case, sucks because it isn't level and I couldn't use the line lock. I did set launch control to 3200 and modulate the throttle to get the tires a little heated before setting it back down to 2200 for the actual launch. I think the car has a couple of more tenths in better weather, more wheel time may be an opportunity to heat the tires better. Still not as good as my Redeye was (10.6) but that had MT ET Street SS's on it. On stock tires forget it but that isn't quite the same as the 500. I do think the 500 is faster at the top end but doesn't hit anywhere near as hard out of the hole, DR's and a DCT so makes sense, but it makes up for it on the top end. 10.9 at 133, yea I'll take it.

Time slips for fun, I have a video of both but not sure how to upload it here, if it's even possible. Oh.... And my buddy ran the Plaid, 9.3 at 153. By the time I got to run it things were a little slower but 9.4 at 146 ain't too shabby lol.

Videos:
2021 GT500 Quarter Mile - YouTube

Tesla Plaid Quarter-Mile - YouTube

Better All 3.jpg
10.9.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
OP: FYI, you cannot upload a video file to the forum, they are much too large. The software won't even accept the file type so the only answer is upload to one of the video sites then post a link here.

OP
OP
biscuit60177

biscuit60177

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
OP: FYI, you cannot upload a video file to the forum, they are much too large. The software won't even accept the file type so the only answer is upload to one of the video sites then post a link here.
Thanks... Added links for Youtube to the videos. Not the best quality but still something to watch :)

PUR_SPD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, RR, CFTP, TP; 2013 Boss 302, SBY; 2016 F150 Super Crew; 2010 Audi A6
Nothing wrong with those times. I'd take them. Only time I've ever done the strip is at the Track Attack.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Nothing wrong with those times.
Totally agree. Nice runs on both and I'll keep the electric comments to myself. :-) 1.7 60 with this car is solid. Were you able to warm up the tires adequately or not at all? Well done in any event and for a first-time Toob upload, way better than most.
Sponsored