OP

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Just push that seat material back in or snip it. Don't give the dealer an opportunity to scratch the car over that.
This is a Dilemma for sure. It’s minor in the grand scheme of things. The base of the material sticking out is stitched so nothing can get pushed back in so it’s either cut it or have then replace the seat cover or seat.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1

BLUE DEVIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Prem - Perf Pack
Not sure about the options for getting rid of the grill Pony. You could talk to the salesman when you take it back for the seat and leverage your time for bringing it back into purchase and install of the Optional Black Package emblems. Or buy the emblems from one of the site sponsors and take it to a body shop.

Anybody here know of a do it yourself video for the emblem replacement??

#1 on the list, before driving it too much, get the brake pads replaced with ceramic performance pads or you WILL really slop/dust up your wheels and front hub/caliper. Not fun at all trying to keep the wheels clean with the Orig. pads!!! I bought Stop Tech Z26 series pads for all 4 wheels.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
This is actually a question I wanted to ask....if I want to get the black 5.0 emblems and rear decklid GT emblem, who can install it; would the dealer do it? I also want to get rid of the horse on the front grille.[/QUOT
This is actually a question I wanted to ask....if I want to get the black 5.0 emblems and rear decklid GT emblem, who can install it; would the dealer do it? I also want to get rid of the horse on the front grille.
Looks like my 19
Ruby red metallic,code RR paint.it took me a while to like the gloss black wheels,but love them now.put a coat oh Klasse sealant on them every 3 months,then all you need to do is spray them clean.
I use klasse as a base sealant on the car once a year,and Pinnacle as a sealant every 3 months.lots of posts on this,auto geek.com has great discussion on this.agree on early oil change,also vary speeds.i started hitting 7000rpm after 500 miles about every time I go out.i use paddle shift in 2nd gear and just go to 7000 for a few seconds just to seat the valves.good luck,great car.oh and a tip,you can get out of paddle shift mode by pressing down the right side wheel paddle for few seconds,and it'll back to whatever drive mode you were in.have fun.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
OP
OP

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
If you are considering PPF your installer can take care of replacing the badges.
This is a good point. I’ll need to make sure they really do have experience with this type of thing. Removing the front horse and the rear GT seems
to be pretty involved.

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Not sure about the options for getting rid of the grill Pony. You could talk to the salesman when you take it back for the seat and leverage your time for bringing it back into purchase and install of the Optional Black Package emblems. Or buy the emblems from one of the site sponsors and take it to a body shop.

#1 on the list, before driving it too much, get the brake pads replaced with ceramic performance pads or you WILL really slop/dust up your wheels and front hub/caliper. Not fun at all trying to keep the wheels clean with the Orig. pads!!! I bought Stop Tech Z26 series pads for all 4 wheels.
Why would you pay for the performance pack, and then get rid of the high quality brake pads? They are performance pads.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Why would you pay for the performance pack, and then get rid of the high quality brake pads? They are performance pads.
I was wondering this too but it is one of two ways, and the cheaper way, to deal with this issue. I would just have the wheels ceramic coated. Nothing sticks to them and I clean all four within a few minutes.

If you are just replacing the front pony it's really no big deal. If you do not want the pony at all, you would need to replace the grill which involves removing the front bumper. Not difficult but involved. The rear badge cannot be replaced so getting rid of it means replacing the rear panel. Again not to hard to do.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible

Sponsored

BLUE DEVIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Prem - Perf Pack
You don't lose much, if any, braking performance by changing the pads. Maybe a little upon initial brake application as the ceramic do not heat up instantly. I Changed out the pads on My 2014 Track Pack and 2017 Perf. Pack. And it didn't change the driving experience, but made the owning experience much more pleasant. Yes, getting the wheels ceramic coated helps, I did that as well.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350

the 5.0 badges are super easy to replace, if that’s your aim. All you need is painters tape, floss, and a heat gun. You can do both sides in under an hour. Beautiful color, I flipped my badges all black. Really looks good imo in reds /blues mustangs.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
OP
OP

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Off topic, on Monday the car is going to the dealer for the passenger seat issue. I can’t imagine how that passed QC at both the manufacturer of the seat and Ford.

Also, the passenger door panel buzzes so badly with any bass. I saw that it doesn’t seem to be pushed/snapped in all the way. There is a huge gap along the window and door panel compared to the driver side.

Hopefully these are the extent of my issues.

......also, about 250 miles in and it’s hovering between 10-12 MPG in normal mode and no aggressive driving.

KRS Fuel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red PP1
This is actually a question I wanted to ask....if I want to get the black 5.0 emblems and rear decklid GT emblem, who can install it; would the dealer do it? I also want to get rid of the horse on the front grille.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/emblem-...qq-jVw8zol4tFX5DRgS4vuv1QiVqQTFEaAvP9EALw_wcB
851A8561-145B-4C79-95C8-520951CF72F0.jpeg
Nice car. Just finished doing black emblems and removing the “GT” on mine and replacing the front horse with a black one. Sides are easy with a heat gun and pry them off super carefully. If you’re lucky all the tape material will come off but 99% chance it’ll leave a mess behind and some isopropyl will take it off. Rear decklid cover comes off pretty easy and the emblem can come off by chiseling the little tabs on the backside that hold it. I just put a debadged one on mine. The front emblem has little retaining tabs on the back that hold it on but they are hard to get to so i just grabbed a large flat blade screwdriver and put a microfiber bunched up behind the leverage point and levered it off. Takes some effort but be careful and you won’t damage anything. New one double tapes on.
Sponsored