Finally fixed one of the most annoying interior rattles

Dapsters

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 gt premium performance, 22 civic, 95 f150
Ever since I've gotten this car I've had some annoying interior rattles that sounded to be coming from the rear left and right. It was bad enough i took all the interior trim off in the back and did anything I could to stop the rattle but it would always persist

For a few months I just accepted it then the other day I found out I can hear my exhaust so much better with the rear seats folded down. Another weird side effect of that is my rattle got so much louder

Anyways, long story short it was the styrofoam in the spare tire well rubbing agaisnt the metal making a rattling sound because it was tightened down too hard

My car is finally rattle free.. with an exception to the coyote tick but that doesn't bother me. Especially not enough to buy a $40 additive
Sponsored

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
i remember putting down the seats in my old 2014 and there was always a draft in the winter since the trunks not heated. but the exhaust def sounds cooler lol

Metz302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT.
Ever since I've gotten this car I've had some annoying interior rattles that sounded to be coming from the rear left and right. It was bad enough i took all the interior trim off in the back and did anything I could to stop the rattle but it would always persist

For a few months I just accepted it then the other day I found out I can hear my exhaust so much better with the rear seats folded down. Another weird side effect of that is my rattle got so much louder

Anyways, long story short it was the styrofoam in the spare tire well rubbing agaisnt the metal making a rattling sound because it was tightened down too hard

My car is finally rattle free.. with an exception to the coyote tick but that doesn't bother me. Especially not enough to buy a $40 additive
I’ve been battling this since owning the car too. Gonna go give it a try!

OP
OP

Dapsters

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I’ve been battling this since owning the car too. Gonna go give it a try!
Lemme know how it goes just be aware if you take out that styrofoam part your trunk cover won't have any support in the middle and sink on with any weight on it.. thankfully I tossed mine in the bed of my truck and not the trash bin

Metz302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT.
Lemme know how it goes just be aware if you take out that styrofoam part your trunk cover won't have any support in the middle and sink on with any weight on it.. thankfully I tossed mine in the bed of my truck and not the trash bin
No luck over here. No difference whatsoever

Sponsored

mmff88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
My most annoying rattle sounds as if it is in the dash about 4 inches to the left of the steering column. My car is a 2019 premium convertible GT. I don't want to pull everything apart because in my experience that only creates new rattles. My dealer couldn't find the source either.

Has anyone else had this same rattle and been able to stop it, or at least identify the cause?

dgcomps

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT, 1966 Cobra Replica
Have you checked inside the engine compartment? The rattle I had on a 2016 Mustang orginated from the washer bottle behind the right headlight and sounded like it was coming from the right side dash.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
I have a different rattle everyday, varies on temperature i assume. None are so loud but the most annoying one is from the seat area, though i havent heard it in a month.

Have never had such a temperamental car in terms of rattles.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
My passenger seat rattles (lower side trim) without a passenger in it, makes me nuts.

R34P3R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 GT A10
Ever since I've gotten this car I've had some annoying interior rattles that sounded to be coming from the rear left and right. It was bad enough i took all the interior trim off in the back and did anything I could to stop the rattle but it would always persist.
my rattle is the rear trim panels on either side of the rear seats. Any tips for removing those? I want to dynamat them.

Sponsored

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
My passenger seat rattles (lower side trim) without a passenger in it, makes me nuts.
Try putting a 2 by 6 about 10 inches long in the rear seat pouch and see if it goes away.

OP
OP

Dapsters

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
No luck over here. No difference whatsoever
Man that sucks, my cars rattle free except for the odd one from the driver seat belt that comes and goes as it wants

mmff88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Have you checked inside the engine compartment? The rattle I had on a 2016 Mustang orginated from the washer bottle behind the right headlight and sounded like it was coming from the right side dash.
Good thought. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I put my little head warmer thingy around mine. Those furry thin liners you run in cold? Wrapped it around it
Noise free after

6dollar fix lol

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Try putting , a a 2 by 6 about 10 inches long in the rear seat pouch and see if it goes away.
It's actually towards the front. Any weight on the front bolster and it stops. It is the plastic cover. I' just need to make sure I have a hot girl in the passenger seat. :sunglasses:
Sponsored