Sponsored

Final 2022 GT500 in Production

RJ787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R [LR215]
The final 2022 GT500 is in production and will come off the line on Wednesday. It is an Oxford white car destined for a dealer in Wisconsin.
N3911 is the last one.
Here it is. Saw it listed last week on Courtesy Auto & Truck Center in Stanley, Wisconsin. When I called the original dealer, they said it had sold the day prior. It had a $13k ADM at the original dealer. Currently for sale below:

https://www.modernmotorcars.com/used-Nixa-2022-Ford-Mustang-Shelby+GT500-1FA6P8SJ4N5503895

1682793589287.png

1682793607670.png
Sponsored

CycloneRy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
_
it was. The mach1 is a parts bin car.
Absolutely - Just Ford capitalizing on everyones new found passion for the Mach 1 name after threatening to slap it on an EV... and anything to get out from under all those warranty Voodoo engine replacements.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Post up the numbers for “all those warranty voodoo engine replacements”.

Absolutely - Just Ford capitalizing on everyones new found passion for the Mach 1 name after threatening to slap it on an EV... and anything to get out from under all those warranty Voodoo engine replacements.

Sponsored

CycloneRy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
_
Oh please - you can spend 10 minutes in the GT350 section and find threads of forum members having issues. There’s no doubt the Coyote is a more durable option.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
If its so easy, post up some actual stats. Actual failure rates. Coyote as well.

Oh please - you can spend 10 minutes in the GT350 section and find threads of forum members having issues. There’s no doubt the Coyote is a more durable option.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Where’d your numbers come from? I’ve yet to see any official numbers but that’s to be expected. If we take what you posted as accurate there’s not much disparity there. Any kind of issue like this for an owner sucks, but the reality is in a 350 that got amplified exponentially because of the car. I’ve had it stock, and boosted. And stock again.

I’m showing 3.25% in Voodoo, 1.9% on Coyote. What do you have over there?

CycloneRy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
_
Where’d your numbers come from? I’ve yet to see any official numbers but that’s to be expected. If we take what you posted as accurate there’s not much disparity there. Any kind of issue like this for an owner sucks, but the reality is in a 350 that got amplified exponentially because of the car. I’ve had it stock, and boosted. And stock again.
Cool

Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I’m showing 3.25% in Voodoo, 1.9% on Coyote. What do you have over there?
I am not going to speak to the warranty engine deal. I do know that people involved with the gt350r-c said the car literally buzzed parts off the engine. Another one of those people actually cross plane swapped their gt350.. the ideal setup for long term reliability imo. Not just from the engine but everything attached to it. I've owned two, if you haven't driven anything else that revs to or above 8k rpm, I'd recommend driving a gt3. While not a perfect platform, you'll quickly realize just how much the voodoo buzzes, you can't tell me vibration is a good thing.

Rumors circulated that the project was actually too far along to cancel and went on to production. If Ford were to put the 350 brakes, cpc 5.2 (good heads and intake) in the mach 1 or since we are on the s650 now, the darkhorse, it would leave zero reason to buy a 350. Unless you just love the name, or have lots of Shelby apparel and like to think Carroll had something to do with the car in the last 20 years. I've owned 2 350's and honestly I'd buy a mach 1 if both were sitting on the showroom floor and I had to choose. Parts bin car or not.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
When I was at the Track Attack the last time one of the other attendee’s was the guy in charge of Ford Performance. We talked about vibration, harmonics, etc. He was telling me there biggest issue with the voodoo was it was a hand built motor with a mass produced Ford supply chain. He referenced the engines in the Porsche(Gt3) interestingly enough. It was obvious from the start our conversations he was a car guy first, stated as much about other guys thst developed the program as well. I have driven a Gt3, beautiful car, but we’re also talking a car that’s multiple times the price of a 350. Wether Shelby was directly involved with these cars or not makes no difference to what they are. They weren’t pulled out of thin air and just plopped down in to production without any progression over time. If I wanted a german or italian car I’d buy one. As to the Mach 1, If you want one and have regrets on your 350 sell it and go buy one. I won’t knock it, there really nice cars. I don’t call them parts bin cars. I have a Gt with all kinds of parts on it to. Put it side by side to a 350 and there worlds apart. The feel of the two cars is completely different on just about every level. The aesthetics is obvious as well. Back to the Gt3, its interesting because they’ve had similar issue’s with the engines as well, but that almost never gets brought up. But the issue’s with the voodoo have been parroted at naeseum. And here’s the other thing that isn’t mentioned. How Ford has taken care of the owners with these cars when problems have arised is not the same as how Porsche addressed it in a lot of cases. I like cars, don’t give a shxt about wearing tshirts with names on it or collecting memorabilia. Other then on this forum very few even know what cars I have. It’s funny how the opinions flow about the 350, and in almost all cases of negative nonsense its by those that have never driven one much less even sat in one.

I am not going to speak to the warranty engine deal. I do know that people involved with the gt350r-c said the car literally buzzed parts off the engine. Another one of those people actually cross plane swapped their gt350.. the ideal setup for long term reliability imo. Not just from the engine but everything attached to it. I've owned two, if you haven't driven anything else that revs to or above 8k rpm, I'd recommend driving a gt3. While not a perfect platform, you'll quickly realize just how much the voodoo buzzes, you can't tell me vibration is a good thing.

Rumors circulated that the project was actually too far along to cancel and went on to production. If Ford were to put the 350 brakes, cpc 5.2 (good heads and intake) in the mach 1 or since we are on the s650 now, the darkhorse, it would leave zero reason to buy a 350. Unless you just love the name, or have lots of Shelby apparel and like to think Carroll had something to do with the car in the last 20 years. I've owned 2 350's and honestly I'd buy a mach 1 if both were sitting on the showroom floor and I had to choose. Parts bin car or not.
Sponsored