Sponsored

Fighter Jet Grey vs Iconic Silver

Pardsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang Mach 1
I have a ‘22 handling pack car in silver on order. As silly as it sounds, a friend gave me a silver Greenlight 1:64 car for my birthday and it solidified my choice. FYI, it also seems that silver is the popular choice for ‘22.
Sponsored

LowFlying65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
FJG Mach1 # M3579
I had an affinity for the orange stripe. Didn't love the gray at first but it has grown on me. Looks like a completely different color on a sunny day than a cloudy one. Buy what you like and drive it as often as you can because tomorrow never knows.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I used to have an ingot silver Mustang that I liked but when I traded it in I wasn't interested in another silver. Recently though, I saw an iconic silver GT500. Wow! Something about the darker shade of the iconic silver combined with the black stripes and accents on the car made it look so much better than ingot silver. I'd love to see an iconic silver Mach 1 in person but haven't yet.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
While grey has been the hot color for a number of years, I find it boring. And the hot colors eventually go out of style. Which might actually hurt resale value.

But if you want your sports car to match your dad's pickup truck, and your mom's SUV, it's a good choice.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
I like the way the gray looks on the Mach 1, but in 2021 it's already been the hot color for several years. I'd go with Silver of the two options.

Sponsored

samanosuke47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I'm curious about how 'rare' the non FJG painted Mach 1s will be. Reason being is I feel the majority of Mach 1s I see are FJG. Don't get me wrong I love FJG and it's appearance striping, but personally I'd go after one of the other colors simply because I don't know if I've even seen an Ingot Silver Mach1 for example.
Will be interested to know production numbers later on of all the paints.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I'm curious about how 'rare' the non FJG painted Mach 1s will be. Reason being is I feel the majority of Mach 1s I see are FJG. Don't get me wrong I love FJG and it's appearance striping, but personally I'd go after one of the other colors simply because I don't know if I've even seen an Ingot Silver Mach1 for example.
Will be interested to know production numbers later on of all the paints.
I doubt the majority of cars are FJG. It’s definitely going to be the highest produced number but it won’t be 50% of the production numbers. I bet it ends up being somewhere between 30-40%

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I think FJG was actually very close to 50% of the cars Granger sold, they posted take rates or something like that a while ago.

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
If you want iconic silver on your car, get a satin ppf. That’s what I did because I didn’t want FJG.

But Satin on FJG was a blessing. It’s the exact shade of gray I was interested in.

SMOKE46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Vehicle Showcase
I chose Oxford White because everything else stands out on car graphics, wheels and is cooler in the hot sun. I also have a Ford Lightning that’s white so they like each other in their Pony stalls

Sponsored

SMOKE46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Vehicle Showcase
I chose Oxford White because everything else stands out on car graphics, wheels and is cooler in the hot sun. I also have a Ford Lightning that’s white so they like each other in their Pony stalls
Happy Turkeyday everyone!

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
Oh man

I'm a fan of most of the colors (MY '21). I ended up with Grabber Yellow, because I will never, ever, have any problem locating my car in a parking lot! And it's a nice throwback to the gen 1 Mach 1, which is when it was last available.
same lol
not to mention seems like it was a one year offering.
To be honest the twister orange was my first choice but I am glad the yellow came up first.

libtrucker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP, 1995 F-250 XL
Oh man

I'm a fan of most of the colors (MY '21). I ended up with Grabber Yellow, because I will never, ever, have any problem locating my car in a parking lot! And it's a nice throwback to the gen 1 Mach 1, which is when it was last available. I also think Velocity Blue was very pretty in the sun, and a clean Iconic Silver can look pretty amazing, too.

FJG is neat mostly because of the unique orange accent color, and because it clearly stands out as being the Mach 1 exclusive color. That said, my controversial opinion is that it tends to subdue the lines of the car, and unfortunately, the nardo-ish gray scheme is super played out- I've lost track of the number of flat grey Rav4's I pass on the way to work each day, and really, the following image is worth 1,000 words

1637201046621.png

If I was ordering a MY'22, I would be torn between the FJG, Grabber Blue, and Eruption Green. I'm pretty sure I would end up ordering the Grabber Blue, but I would like to see the green before I did so
My GT is twister orange, love the color, but I cringe whenever I see the Subaru Forester in my town that is the SAME COLOR.....

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
My GT is twister orange, love the color, but I cringe whenever I see the Subaru Forester in my town that is the SAME COLOR.....
I doubt the middle aged lesbian gym teacher that drives it even notices your car so don’t worry about it too much :giggle:
Sponsored