HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Look for same color replacement fenders from an EB. The EB has no fender badges.

Usually there’s quite a few listed on eBay, or you can try coparts or LKQ for sourcing good used badge-less fenders.
Plain fenders would be my first choice. I didn't have luck swapping my new hood for ones without the you-can-only-see one-turn indicators. But that worked out because they are both visible to my dash cam. But I didn't even try with the fenders or trunk panel because I didn't think any V6 or Eco owner would want GT badges or having to replace them. I mean even if they wouldn't care about fender holes if they were putting something else there, why not just put whatever they wanted on their holeless fenders?

But swapping fenders doesn't seem very appealing anyway now. Aside from the cost of the used fenders and hoping no flaws and matching paint, they have to be installed and the originals sold, etc.. I'm too lazy/cheap/unlucky to go thru all that. I'd have my shop fill the holes and paint them before all that extra steps, etc.. I still may. But my luck is so bad, nobody has damaged my fenders and be liable for repairs in over 3 years! LoL
Sponsored

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The tri-bars all seem to be ~3" long (also tall) and the 5.0s are 5" long. So I'd like to use something closer to 5" long since the 5.0s seem the right size to me. Of course bigger tri-bars would mean more bending needed to keep the bar ends against the fenders. The fender curvature is vertical

I was thinking about putting just ponies on the fenders since I can find ones the right size but although I love the ponies, it might seem too much to have so many of them stuck on the car. Maybe not. maybe I just need to get used to the idea.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I was thinking about putting just ponies on the fenders since I can find ones the right size but although I love the ponies, it might seem too much to have so many of them stuck on the car. Maybe not. maybe I just need to get used to the idea.
I am not sure you can have to many ponys, but I understand your thinking. I was going to replace my 5.0s on my fenders with ponys or tri-bars, but I started thinking....I have a tri-bar on the grille. I have ponys on my windshield banner. I have a tri-bar on my rear window. Pony lights in the mirrors, ponys in the door sills, on the airbag, on the dash, on the display on startup. Under my hood in various locations...…. on and on.

So I decided to go with black 5.0s. looking at your car, my thought would be to paint the fender 5.0s the same color as your stripes and mirrors...velocity blue. You only have two 5.0s on your car....I say keep them.:rockon: