Sponsored

Fender badge template

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I'm putting a 3.7 decal on the fender and want it to look right. The only legitimate looking spec. I can find is this pictured template. It shows the badge angled about 2 degrees up from parallel to the body crease. I printed the template, took it to the dealer and held it to a 5.0 badge on a car. Looks kosher so I'm going with it. Hard to tell with the eye, but the 5.0 is not parallel to the body line as one could assume. A telephoto shot helps to highlight it.
2-3t-mustang-ecoboost-svo-billet-emblem-18.png
IMG_8232.jpg
Sponsored

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I have that downloaded somewhere. It was for the s197 but it worked pretty well when I put the 3.7 badge. I'll pm you once I find it.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
I'm glad I'm not the only one that's obsessive about this kind of thing! :D When I swapped out my 5.0 badges, I was out there with masking tape, levels, squares, plumb bobs and anything else I could find... :frusty:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Joe B.

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I'm glad I'm not the only one that's obsessive about this kind of thing! :D When I swapped out my 5.0 badges, I was out there with masking tape, levels, squares, plumb bobs and anything else I could find... :frusty:
I think the template was the way to go. I am totally OCD about this kind of stuff, but I think I'm mellowing out a little in old age. Besides they are on opposite sides of the car and like an old tradesman I knew used to say, you can only see one at a time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Joe B.

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Well, they're on and being new stick out like a sore whatever. But I think they blend in well with my hood decal and red calipers. They are really not that obtrusive and time will tell, also my wife didn't give her review yet, not that it matters. :D A few pics.
IMG_8244.jpg
IMG_8247.jpg
IMG_8254.jpg
IMG_8249.jpg
IMG_8251.jpg
IMG_8274.jpg
IMG_8271.jpg

OP
OP
Joe B.

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
that angle up would drive me insane

The "upward angle" is actually to make it level with the ground. The body line has an ever so slightly downward curve at the front and the overall "rake" of the whole car look. I think.
Sponsored