Sponsored

Factory Order in system on Dec 17th, still not Vin or date?

cyberbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT On Order
Order in system on Dec 17th, still no Vin or date?

It's Koons Sterling Ford and they tell me they are the biggest Mustang dealer on the eastern seaboard so it can't be allocation. I though that the factory maybe was only doing RHD for a while but I see other people getting vins and dates that just ordered in Jan (USA order).

Ford, can you help add some details here for me?
Sponsored

Last edited:

ecotechguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost soon
Orders started going through last week. There was a shut down for the holidays from what I remember.

Keep an eye out for the week of February 2nd, at least that's what my dealer told me..(got one on order).

Someone on here probably knows a bit more than I do ...maybe I have the wrong info. Might is scheduled for that week and I placed the order about 2 weeks ago.

aschaefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Orders started going through last week. There was a shut down for the holidays from what I remember.

Keep an eye out for the week of February 2nd, at least that's what my dealer told me..(got one on order).

Someone on here probably knows a bit more than I do ...maybe I have the wrong info. Might is scheduled for that week and I placed the order about 2 weeks ago.
Man, they must really crank them out then, I have an order placed on the 18th that's tentatively scheduled for 2/8 build.

KY_V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Ranger FX4 Level 2
Man, they must really crank them out then, I have an order placed on the 18th that's tentatively scheduled for 2/8 build.
The 18th of Jan or Dec? I ordered on 12/29 still no Vin.:headbonk:

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
If it's not a dealer allocation problem, then it might boil down to what options you ordered. IIRC, we don't get our VIN until the order is "bucked" (i.e. all the parts are in place). Did you order anything unusual, like a Cali special or a pony interior?

Sponsored

KY_V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
If it's not a dealer allocation problem, then it might boil down to what options you ordered. IIRC, we don't get our VIN until the order is "bucked" (i.e. all the parts are in place). Did you order anything unusual, like a Cali special or a pony interior?
I ordered a V6 Conv, Auto, 051A, 3.55. It's been 4 weeks. Should not be too much longer I hope.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
I ordered a V6 Conv, Auto, 051A, 3.55. It's been 4 weeks. Should not be too much longer I hope.
The 'verts are more limited production than the hard top...I'd be willing to bet that partly explains the delay :thumbsup:

oldgeezer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT base, Ingot Silver, 6MT, 3.55
You guys should PM Deysha in Customer Service. Include your order number, dealer number, and specifics. She is great, and will
help ya out!

aschaefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Jan.

OW MT GT Premium, Nav, Redline, Spoiler Delete.
edit: my VIN was issued the day after the dealer put in the order, haha.

ecotechguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost soon
Waiting to see what happens Monday ..my dealer told me February 2nd build date. Never mentioned a vin to me. Waiting to see what happens now ...

We should make this a January build thread lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
cyberbro

cyberbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT On Order
Whoo, I got my Vin, Tentative Build date and ETA. :)

Years ago I could generate a window sticker with the vin, it does not seem like you can do that anymore on Ford Direct and splicing the HTTP link of a used car with your own vin. Any one know of a work around for that?

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
I would suspect a parts hold with no verts being pushed through in the dead of winter

EDIT: Congrats on the car build moving forward!!!

KY_V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
Stopped by the dealer today. Still Unscheduled/Clean. If they block build at the plant, it may be awhile before they build Convertibles.
Also dealer said that two others that were ordered early Dec. just got scheduled this week. :thumbsup:

It's all Good.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
That’s normal, KY_V6. It should schedule soon.

You guys should PM Deysha in Customer Service. Include your order number, dealer number, and specifics. She is great, and will
help ya out!
Thank you for the kind words and support, oldgeezer!!

Whoo, I got my Vin, Tentative Build date and ETA. :)

Years ago I could generate a window sticker with the vin, it does not seem like you can do that anymore on Ford Direct and splicing the HTTP link of a used car with your own vin. Any one know of a work around for that?
Glad you received my PM, cyberbro! Unfortunately, all of the public links have been discontinued for the window stickers.

Deysha

Rob08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
That’s normal, KY_V6. It should schedule soon.

Thank you for the kind words and support, oldgeezer!!

Glad you received my PM, cyberbro! Unfortunately, all of the public links have been discontinued for the window stickers.

Deysha
Is there a way to see your window sticker prior to delivery? Do you get the traditional physical window sticker at pickup with a special order vehicle?
Sponsored