Sponsored

Expectations for standard gt suspension/performance

Gen_Nick3.8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Camaro SS 1LE
I'm hopeing that the suspension is as stiff as my Gen coupes (Track Suspension)
Sponsored

Aipaloovik

Threads
Reaction score
I fully expect the Boss LS to be faster to 60, faster in the 1/4 and as fast or faster at Laguna Seca. Sorry to be the one asshole in the thread, and I know "ford said" but frankly, they said a lot of shit that turned out to be less true than expected. And like all the other claims the defenders will point out some technicality that makes the statements true and defend to the bitter end their company and their car.

To each their own.

I didn't buy this car to race it. I'm not going to buy a Chevy or whatever the people offended by my opinion are going to suggest. I'm not canceling my order based on some track speeds at places I will never see.

I do expect the new suspension to bring some civility to the mustang, which IMHO is exactly what it was missing. I am a huge fan of the interior upgrades as well. But as we have seen, it has less power than the boss, it is fatter than the boss and frankly I don't see any reason to expect it to out perform the boss.

Many people will be happy to prove me wrong. I wish you all the best. But these are my expectations.

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
I fully expect the Boss LS to be faster to 60, faster in the 1/4 and as fast or faster at Laguna Seca.
I agree on 2/3 of those. As for the twisties, I think it's very possible that the GT+PP is faster, as Ford has claimed.

Gen_Nick3.8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Camaro SS 1LE
I agree on 2/3 of those. As for the twisties, I think it's very possible that the GT+PP is faster, as Ford has claimed.

I hate to derail the thread, but what are all of these "less true than expected" claims you speak of?
Exactly what I was thinking.

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I'm hopeing that the suspension is as stiff as my Gen coupes (Track Suspension)
I hope not.

I had a 2011 Gen Coupe 3.8 track for 6 months and hated the suspension on that car. I traded it for my 2011 Grand Sport and the first thing my wife said after we switched cars: "The Corvette doesn't drive like a lowered mini-truck like the Genesis did!". :D It doesn't have to ride like that to handle better.

Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I hope not.

I had a 2011 Gen Coupe 3.8 track for 6 months and hated the suspension on that car. I traded it for my 2011 Grand Sport and the first thing my wife said after we switched cars: "The Corvette doesn't drive like a lowered mini-truck like the Genesis did!". :D It doesn't have to ride like that to handle better.
Exactly. Stiffer != sportier or more capable handling, at least when we're talking about driving surfaces that aren't glass smooth like a well-maintained track.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
Exactly. Stiffer != sportier or more capable handling, at least when we're talking about driving surfaces that aren't glass smooth like a well-maintained track.
Well said.
Sponsored