Sponsored

Expectations for standard gt suspension/performance

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
So we have all heard how the PP can surpass the boss 302 on a track...

I think it's reasonable to assume the standard GT suspension will be able to out run the old gt track pack. I expect it to corner flatter than the 2014 track pack, have better weight transfer and overall be a better handling car than the 2014 track pack.

Am I out of line with these thoughts?
Sponsored

oyitsagreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I don't think so. This cars handling will feel like a race car (albeit a slightly heavy one) with the PP compared to my V6.

I have faith in the suspension in terms of dive, body roll and grip. I'm hoping for crisp and direct steering. Neither floaty nor numb. I'm sure it will be much heavier however. When I test drove a '14 GT , that was the case. Or maybe the V6 has ridiculously light steering hah.

It sounds like push-understeer will be eliminated...leaving only power induced over steer :D

It will be interesting to see how it performs on my morning commute. At the last exit I take, I make a right turn from a light, up a decently steep hill with quite a few bumps on it. My current Mustang's suspension sort of hops and chirps over these bumps.

On the Mountain/Back roads it will be fantastic. Even on sweeping exit/on ramps...:love:

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I expect it to beat the 2013 Boss LS in handling and straight line performance. Anything else would be a failure as it wouldn't beat a 1LE Camaro.

OP
OP

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
I expect it to beat the 2013 Boss LS in handling and straight line performance. Anything else would be a failure as it wouldn't beat a 1LE Camaro.
The standard suspension or the pp suspension?

Sponsored

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
Definitely not out of line.

I expect the PP to beat a 1LE.

I'm pretty sure even without it's going to be better than the '14 with track pack. If for no other reason that it's WAY less of a handful to drive.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
The standard suspension or the pp suspension?
My mistake PP suspension. For the regular I would hope it would beat a standard Boss 302.

Magnetic15

Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Magnetic
I thought the base 15 GT was supposed to be the equivalent of the exiting "track pack". I think I've seen a video of Dave P stating this. Am I wrong? Whatever the answer is I will be fortunate enough to compare my PP against my father-in-laws 13 Laguna Seca. :D

stilesg57

Threads
Reaction score
I thought the base 15 GT was supposed to be the equivalent of the exiting "track pack". I think I've seen a video of Dave P stating this. Am I wrong?
Can't source it at the moment but I really feel like I've seen this too. It wasn't the same interview(s) where he said the '15 PP would best the Boss, it was another one. But I could swear I heard/read it.

Magnetic15

Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Magnetic
Can't source it at the moment but I really feel like I've seen this too. It wasn't the same interview(s) where he said the '15 PP would best the Boss, it was another one. But I could swear I heard/read it.
So far I've only been able to find this.

"The standard brake package on Mustang GT is equivalent to the system used for the 2014 Mustang GT track package."

Sponsored

FiveLiterDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I thought the base 15 GT was supposed to be the equivalent of the exiting "track pack". I think I've seen a video of Dave P stating this. Am I wrong? Whatever the answer is I will be fortunate enough to compare my PP against my father-in-laws 13 Laguna Seca. :D
I had heard this also.. or so I thought

OP
OP

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
So far I've only been able to find this.

"The standard brake package on Mustang GT is equivalent to the system used for the 2014 Mustang GT track package."
agree that the brakes are a known quantity, i think what i am trying to say is that my expectation is the standard GT suspension will not be a "comfort suspension" it should be sport on the std GT and sport plus for the PP. the fact that the brakes are plenty powerful on the std GT supports my assumption

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
I thought the base 15 GT was supposed to be the equivalent of the exiting "track pack".
As you noted in a subsequent post, I believe this was only in reference to the brakes.

But that doesn't mean a regular GT isn't as good or better than a S197+TP. I just don't think Ford has made that statement.
Sponsored