Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
Mine stays out all of the time. The only water wash my car sees is on the wheels/tires and grille. The rest gets a duster and detail spray. I put sticky Velcro on my rain tray and put it in the trunk along with the hardware and tool kit just in case I am ever out and need to reinstall it for rain. The Velcro grabs the trunk carpet and keeps the tray from sliding around.
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Your car is filmed, right Goose? Otherwise, that's a pretty dangerous cleaning procedure. Dusters and clear coats don't mix well. Using a duster and/or a spray and towel on a contaminated surface will always add fine scratches. But, if it's completely PPF'd, not a big deal although I still wouldn't duit. :-)

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
Your car is filmed, right Goose? Otherwise, that's a pretty dangerous cleaning procedure. Dusters and clear coats don't mix well. Using a duster and/or a spray and towel on a contaminated surface will always add fine scratches. But, if it's completely PPF'd, not a big deal although I still wouldn't duit. :-)
I have PPF on the front fascia, hood, front fenders, mirrors, A-pillars, roof, wing and wheels. The entire car has a quarts coating.

Anything other than dust gets washed off. My cars normally only come out on fair weather days. My 2000 Cobra R has never been washed. It has only received a duster and detail spray. Previous two owners did the same.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So, today is the 5th. Has anyone been informed about their place in line towards the vent?

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Be patient, amigo. Meanwhile, did you have that image? And, have you been busy or, back to work?
Patient? A deadline is a deadline, lol. I am busy, juggling work with life.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
So, today is the 5th. Has anyone been informed about their place in line towards the vent?
We still have until the end of this calendar day to get payments in. I will advise you of details early next week.

I can always issue you a full refund if the process does not work for you.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
We still have until the end of this calendar day to get payments in. I will advise you of details early next week.

I can always issue you a full refund if the process does not work for you.
That would be fine. Please refund my money.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Terrance: My Astro Rivnut/Nutsert kit that Tob recommended (thanks again, amigo,) showed up today so I'm ready. <smile> Or at least I think I am. As usual, I have a question...

I have only had my tray off once to have it painted and apply the decal and don't have a clear memory of the vent side of those eight screws. Will the Pythons have the holes for the hardware and thus not need drilled for the rivnuts? The thought of drilling that beauty kinda gives me the willies. The kit did come with an M5 die and hardware. I didn't check to see what type of heads were on the M5 bolts though and will probably change those if they're standard six point.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Coming up on the weekend and I hope you all are good. Everyone should have received their confirmation email with their spot in production and an updated invoice at the beginning of this week. If you had not seen it just let me know.

I am getting us on the schedule for production and finalizing some small revisions. I will keep everyone updated on when I get the production timeline. My goal is to have the initial 10 completed and out in March.

I will keep everyone updated on the cost of the finished underside as well.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Terrance: My Astro Rivnut/Nutsert kit that Tob recommended (thanks again, amigo,) showed up today so I'm ready. <smile> Or at least I think I am. As usual, I have a question...

I have only had my tray off once to have it painted and apply the decal and don't have a clear memory of the vent side of those eight screws. Will the Pythons have the holes for the hardware and thus not need drilled for the rivnuts? The thought of drilling that beauty kinda gives me the willies. The kit did come with an M5 die and hardware. I didn't check to see what type of heads were on the M5 bolts though and will probably change those if they're standard six point.
KB,

The PYTHON has all of the provisions for the OEM hardware already. I took a few of the receiving hardware off the old vent and it is super easy. A pair of pliers took me about 20 seconds to remove each one. They just expand and snap into place. The vent will be cut to accept the OEM hardware, so you will find that an M8 rivnut is probably better given the size of the OEM hole. Stand by for a video

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Quick video of the OEM hardware removal for the rain tray. This is very simple, and you can also just get new clips from Ford.

Sponsored