Sponsored

Exhaust troubles

s550jr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang gt
You're not wrong. I hate it here. But my family, my business, my wife's family are all here. Someday though, I will not die in this shit state.

Sucks though because this is where car culture was born. Magnaflow, Borla, Gibson exhaust, they're all here in SoCal. People laughed when us gun owners said wait until they come after your hobby. Well the BS Sacramento is pulling looks very familiar

Back on topic, its pretty alarming you're having trouble with the factory exhaust. Are you guys active exhaust or no? If so in quiet mode?
I have Roush axle backs, if you guys are failing I'm screwed if I get pulled over.
I got pulled over with non active mbrp catback but my stock is active exhaust. Used awe relocation braket for motors and left them plugged in for the lights on dash to not come on. Fails ref test because they have to test it on track mode. Read 100db on track mode limit is 95db

Little update on my situation tho. I finally got a response from the bureau of automotive repair. I can clamp on the non active oem exhaust instead of having to weld it on and get it tested that way (non active oe exhaust is pretty close to quiet mode on active exhaust) but if the referee sees the valve motors still plugged into the harness but not attached to the mufflers or warning lights pop up on the dash about exhaust, it is deemed untestable and failed. So i have been trying to find a terminater plug or simulator, or whatever theyre called, but can only find one for the gt350 and cant find any info on it working on the gt. Or ive thought about rerouting the harness up into the trunk somehow and leave the motors plugged in so i get no lights on the dash. Pretty much just hiding the harness and motors and hope the referee doesnt see it. Still ridiculous what i have to do even tho i have the oem exhaust it comes with from factory...
Sponsored

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So i have been trying to find a terminater plug or simulator, or whatever theyre called, but can only find one for the gt350 and cant find any info on it working on the gt.
Aren't the actuators the same between the GT, GT350, and GT500? They are all made by a German company and vary little between even different car brands, per my understanding.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Aren't the actuators the same between the GT, GT350, and GT500? They are all made by a German company and vary little between even different car brands, per my understanding.
GT 350 actuators are definitely differnt than the 18+ active exhaust actuators.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP

Nobuemon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nikita
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I was driving a month ago in Commerce (work here) and got passed by an f-150 that had a “cholo” package on it with a huge exhaust that spits black smoke. Guess who got immediately pulled over and cited? And I didn’t even pass 2000 rpm…

The exhaust is stock but the car is e85 tuned with a killed cold start(I legit love my neighbors, unfortunately).

Reading y'all here failing on stock I feel like a cheap aftermarket silenced muffler is a must here but I have no experience...
What are those silencers by the way?
Sponsored