Sponsored

Exhaust troubles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Gt
Hey y’all so I got cited for a modified exhaust and pleaded guilty because I figured just getting tested would grant me my dismal which is what would’ve been the plan. Turns out after I took the state referee test with my OEM stock exhaust that has everything mufflers , resonators etc I still managed to fail because my decibel reading was 100 instead of the required 95 ( such a California thing lol I hate it ) any ideas or suggestions on what I should now ?
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Where in Cali do you live?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I heard Irvine was bad as well.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I don't understand how they can fail you with a complete OEM system. Maybe you can take it to ford and have them write up something on letter head confirming this is a 100% OEM Ford 50 state legal exhaust system?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Gt
that’s exactly what I did this past Tuesday I took it to the dealership where I purchased it and they inspected the system and everything and gave me papers stating it was oem system

LaMustang62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, Motorcycle
That's crazy. I thought the sound decibel thing was a 50 state regulation. I know on my Harley the aftermarket slip on exhaust states it is 50 state legal. You situation seems like nor a cop having a bad day but a case where every Mustang on the road is in violation.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Gt
That's crazy. I thought the sound decibel thing was a 50 state regulation. I know on my Harley the aftermarket slip on exhaust states it is 50 state legal. You situation seems like nor a cop having a bad day but a case where every Mustang on the road is in violation.
Indeed I find myself in a pickle because last thing I wanna do is add silencers

s550jr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang gt
Indeed I find myself in a pickle because last thing I wanna do is add silencers
Any update on this?
I got a citation for the same thing a few weeks ago and failed the referee exhaust system test this morning with complete oem exhaust at 100 db aswell. Went to ford and had them write a diagnostic that the exhaust is in fact oem. I called the BAR and the state referee office and they both said it was all a final decision on the referee doing the exam. Im currently waiting on call back from a certified referee to explain to them that i went straight to ford after the test and they confirmed it was oem. Unfortunately they said its a 3-5 business days for the call back. Other than that my only option is to wait for my court date.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Gt
this guy I know signed the ticket but since it wasn’t correctable that didn’t work lol but I did the same process you did had the ford papers and the bar papers and I explained to the lady at the window what was happening and thankfully she was a saint and took the signature that failed the first as proof. So basically just show them that you tried fixing it.

s550jr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang gt
this guy I know signed the ticket but since it wasn’t correctable that didn’t work lol but I did the same process you did had the ford papers and the bar papers and I explained to the lady at the window what was happening and thankfully she was a saint and took the signature that failed the first as proof. So basically just show them that you tried fixing it.
The lady at window? At the court house or PD?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Hey y’all so I got cited for a modified exhaust and pleaded guilty because I figured just getting tested would grant me my dismal which is what would’ve been the plan. Turns out after I took the state referee test with my OEM stock exhaust that has everything mufflers , resonators etc I still managed to fail because my decibel reading was 100 instead of the required 95 ( such a California thing lol I hate it ) any ideas or suggestions on what I should now ?

Move?
Sponsored