Sponsored

2019 GT Active Exhaust Upgrade Suggestions

S550-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Race Red
Long time lurker, but finally got my 2019 Mustang GT (10spd) over the summer. I wasn't particularly looking for Active Exhaust, but the one I got, came with AE as everything else on the car was exactly what I wanted.

I have been watching countless videos on Youtube and ones posted here on M6G and reading threads. Obviously resonator delete (X/H Pipe) with AE seems to be the most popular option. However, watching videos it seems like the sound increase isn't really drastic.

I am thinking of 2 options:

1)Resonator Delete with AE to retain AE and get some of the volume I am looking for

2)Roush AB with stock resonator. This would mean letting go of AE functionality obviously, but since I always keep it in Track Mode and have yet to really use AE, I am not too concerned.

I want to know in terms of Volume and Tone, how do those 2 options above compare? If resonator delete with AE gets me close to Roush Axleback levels then obviously it doesn't make sense to get Roush AB and lose AE feature.

For reference, I used to have 2006 Mustang GT with Flowmaster Outlaw Axleback, with rest of the exhaust being stock. It was loud, but not obnoxiously loud and I enjoyed that.

Any other suggestions welcome. Thank you!
Sponsored

Vstang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I did the Steeda H pipe on my 19 w/o active and it made a pretty good increase in deep idle as week as it screams when I get on it. I hear the active mufflers are different and sound even better. I think I'd do the X or H pipe and atleast keep that $900 active exhaust functional. Imho

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
You can do the x/h pipe for pretty cheap. If it's not loud enough for you, it didn't cost that much to find out (and you could always resell it). I really like the active exhaust with the Steeda h-pipe. I thought it did a pretty good job of waking up the active exhaust. It's not obnoxious, but you definitely know it's there.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I did the Steeda X pipe with active exhaust. I love it, was gonna do the H but gave the x a try first. Staying with the X. sound is perfect.

OP
OP

S550-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Race Red
I did the Steeda X pipe with active exhaust. I love it, was gonna do the H but gave the x a try first. Staying with the X. sound is perfect.
That's what I am considering the Steeda X pipe if I do resonator delete. Did you feel like the volume increase was decent?

Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
The increase in sound with an x-pipe is pretty significant honestly. Normal mode will sound similar to track mode and track mode will be very loud but sound good still. I can't see the value in a 1500$ kit vs a 120$ xpipe. The only thing I don't like about the active exhaust is the tips. But again, it's not worth 1500 lol.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
yes, its a great sound. And quiet mode is still super quiet. As for the tips, I couldnt agree more, not a fan.... Currently working on fabbing up some new tips and then I will cerakote them black and give em a go.

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I went through the same thing, found myself switching to track mode Everytime I got in the car. Switched to x pipe and normal mode was perfect. LMR has one (sve) for $80 right now so can't hurt to test it out.
Sponsored