Bnewell101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So I’ve been looking for an exhaust system with no luck. After lots of trial and error I can’t seem to find something that works
My setup: longtube headers, Xpipe, 3” with axle back mufflers
What i’m looking for: I want that deeper sound (willing to accept some drone). No rasp and i’m wanting something on the quieter side. I’m not a fan of waking my neighborhood when I leave at 5:30 in the morning.

What are some of your experiences? I’ve heard stock is good with the resonator gone but I feel like they’ll be too raspy with headers, had Borla atac sounded good but too loud for me
Sponsored

Abomb210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
No rasp, quiet exhaust with no resonators, no cats is probably not feasible. You’ll need cats and resonators to get rid of rasp. One of my favorite exhaust sounds is the AWE touring catback. Very deep rich sound but from what it sounds like you want I’d stay stock axle back.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
H Pipes are less rasp than X, but probably wont help your setup much.

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
I was about to suggest the ATAK as after I made my exhaust thread that's what I went with. I wasn't disappointed, as I was going to the exact sound you wanted, though I don't have LTHs. For that, I think the Borla S-type would cut out some of the rasp at higher RPMs, due to the additional mini resonators they have.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'm swapping to a Krona catback. It's going to be deeper at low RPM's versus the Corsa, but even with my headers it's going to be louder. I'm actually going catless here soon too.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bnewell101

Bnewell101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m thinking the only option I have is to add a resonator. However I’d prefer not to, as far as the rasp goes I could live with some at higher rpms. I know it’s not feasible to completely get rid of it with these coyotes. It’s a struggle for sure

OP
OP
Bnewell101

Bnewell101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm swapping to a Krona catback. It's going to be deeper at low RPM's versus the Corsa, but even with my headers it's going to be louder. I'm actually going catless here soon too.
Are you doing this anytime soon? I'd like to see what they sound like, the major problem with having headers is not many people do so there's not much to judge off of

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Are you doing this anytime soon? I'd like to see what they sound like, the major problem with having headers is not many people do so there's not much to judge off of
I ordered mine back around June 16th and he's about a month out on shipments so I have a little bit before it comes in. I'll try to get some videos of it.
Sponsored