Sponsored

Stainless Works headers and AWE track exhaust...adding mufflers?

NatJoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
Looking to replace the cat back or possibly quiet it down. Sounds good but overall volume is just too much. Don’t really want to start hacking it up unless I know its going to make a difference as the cat back only has about 500 miles on it and will lose its value if it’s modified. If I keep it I will have to do something in the area it mates to the headers as it necks down to 2.25" for the factory fit. Thinking that area and the test pipes in the header area could be candidates for bullet mufflers or resonators. Im not much of a welder, so if I could keep most of it a slip fit would be ideal at least for mock up. Looks like dynomax bullets and race bullets and vibrant resonators seem to be what most people have added. Anyone done something with the stainless works sp headers in the area I’m talking about? It’s the spot where the cats would be in the catted system. Mine are the cat-less. Thank you!
Sponsored

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Why are you worried about the cat-back maintaining its value? Are you planning on selling it?

OP
OP

NatJoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
Yes if it can’t be made quieter...didn’t want to hack it up too much and then decide to still do something different. Think I’m going to try adding 2 pairs of the dynomax race bullets.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Why don't you just add the touring axleback?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'll sell you my Corsa Sport with Vibrant 1794's in about a month, lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP

NatJoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
These bullets are only $18 each...with nice clamps I'm a little over $100 if it works. I think I will add them and if it's still too much remove them and put the stock test pipes do the touring conversion. Will still most likely keep them in the area where I will cut out the 3" to 2.25" neck down. I believe I can cut the transition out and use these to span the gap.

morgande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver | 2013 Ford F150
Looking to replace the cat back or possibly quiet it down. Sounds good but overall volume is just too much. Don’t really want to start hacking it up unless I know its going to make a difference as the cat back only has about 500 miles on it and will lose its value if it’s modified. If I keep it I will have to do something in the area it mates to the headers as it necks down to 2.25" for the factory fit. Thinking that area and the test pipes in the header area could be candidates for bullet mufflers or resonators. Im not much of a welder, so if I could keep most of it a slip fit would be ideal at least for mock up. Looks like dynomax bullets and race bullets and vibrant resonators seem to be what most people have added. Anyone done something with the stainless works sp headers in the area I’m talking about? It’s the spot where the cats would be in the catted system. Mine are the cat-less. Thank you!
Can you post a sound clip? I’ve got the AWE track as well and I’m curious how it sounds with headers.

OP
OP

NatJoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
Should be able to get something tonight or tomorrow. Startup is painfully loud. Sounds good but loud otherwise. Fairly loud crack/pop between each shift that is moderately aggressive or above.

Sponsored
OP
OP

NatJoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt

Found a video. This was a purposeful slow rev. Think a 2nd gear 2500-5000 rev Alex at Lund requested in a datalog.

JRDfrosty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT/CS

Found a video. This was a purposeful slow rev. Think a 2nd gear 2500-5000 rev Alex at Lund requested in a datalog.
what’s the update with this? I’m about to run this exact setup (Track + TSP catless) wondering if you added any bullets or resonators and have any more vids of this.

OP
OP

NatJoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
what’s the update with this? I’m about to run this exact setup (Track + TSP catless) wondering if you added any bullets or resonators and have any more vids of this.
This is after adding two sets of bullets.

OP
OP

NatJoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
Right on brother sounds great, so a total of 4 overall bullets or 2? And where did you put them, in place of where the cats usually are?
Yes 4 total. 2 where the cats would fit into the aftermarket headers and another pair where the aftermarket catback would normally neck down to meet the factory stuff.

o8eEbrg.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: