Sponsored

Exhaust prices

ThirtyThreePointThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 White EcoBoost AT
Ah yeah, that's a good point with the gap that would be at the bottom from a missing tip...and then to make that look proper would require somehow getting an aftermarket panel with no gap...which still is going to cost more $$$...Sigh

Would there ever be any performance benefit of doing a single vs dual besides less weight?
Sponsored

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
If they are the same size area of path to travel then technically there should be no difference. Even if there is from a single exhaust its very minimal

OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I like the FRPP Touring catback but $1300 is too steep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barret72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Silly question. What would happen if you swapped out the resonator for a muffler and then just went with straight pipes back.

Meaning get a good 3" downpipe from a company here. Then take out the resonator and put something like this in there instead.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Cherry-Bomb/545/88112CB/10002/-1?parentProductId=769792

I am just using this as an example since I could find it. Any other brand name that does the same type of lay out would do as well.

The 2.25 twin outlets would then hook up to the pipes going to the back already. Cut the restrictive mufflers off and just run a pair of nice 3" tips out the back.

You don't get any bottlenecking of the downpipe going into a 2.25" resonator input. It will go into a 3" input of what ever muffler you get. You still get some muffler type sound deadening so it shouldn't be as raspy as an open pipe all the way back.

Would this work or am I completely wrong about exhaust?

OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Silly question. What would happen if you swapped out the resonator for a muffler and then just went with straight pipes back.

Meaning get a good 3" downpipe from a company here. Then take out the resonator and put something like this in there instead.

I am just using this as an example since I could find it. Any other brand name that does the same type of lay out would do as well.

The 2.25 twin outlets would then hook up to the pipes going to the back already. Cut the restrictive mufflers off and just run a pair of nice 3" tips out the back.

You don't get any bottlenecking of the downpipe going into a 2.25" resonator input. It will go into a 3" input of what ever muffler you get. You still get some muffler type sound deadening so it shouldn't be as raspy as an open pipe all the way back.

But then from the resonator you need a y-pipe for the mufflers, so you'd have to make that.

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
But then from the resonator you need a y-pipe for the mufflers, so you'd have to make that.

You could get a single inlet/dual outlet muffler. That'd eliminate needing a Y-pipe and there's been a few people here that's done it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
That is opinion based so please don't speak for everyone when you say it is the best out there for our cars.

Agreed.

My opinion, the Stainless Works exhaust has an awesome aggressive tone while the FRPP Touring has a more subdued tone but aggressive when you get on it.

Barret72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost

Yea that "Cherry Bomb" that I posted was a single inlet and dual outlet. That should replace the resonator and not have to actually do the Y-Pipe.

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop

check this thread
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17212

Sponsored

LeonBorden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2JZ Formula D Pro AM Cressida, 2015 EB PP
Here's to hoping somebody will release a single exhaust rear valence like on the EVO Xs

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
Putting a muffler in the middle of the exhaust is going to limit your ground clearance and will be the lowest part on your vehicle. So if you plan on doing any suspension upgrades I suggest keeping to a manufactured catback!

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
All you're really gaining is sound. I'd say save the extra cash and a pick an axle back your like.

I've got a Focus ST I know the feeling about expensive catbacks.

dtraill27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost Premium
I just got the Magnaflow street series for $840 shipped from top gear solutions. I would jump on that price if I were you
Sponsored